11-26-07, 11:37 AM   #1
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Max UI

Hello there i've been working on my personal UI in the past 2 months, made it from scratch after almost 1 year of Mazzle and 1 year of Photek.

My UI is strongly raid oriented but has also plenty of features for Solo/Questing/PvP.

My main is a Paladin so mainly the UI is setted for him but i'm also playing a low lvl lock alt and my old main was a mage so the pack could come with these 3 different class settings and different class specific addons.

I've been helping a lot of friends lately passing them my UI with settings included so i thought that maybe was worth to see if i get enough positive feedback for an official Release.

Addon Memory Usage is around 45mb and the UI is setted for 1650x1080 UI scale 0.64

Im running 190 Ace based Addons/libs and around 10 non Ace addons.

95% of the UI addons are updatable with just 1 click trough WoW ace updater the other 5% is easily updatable trough WoWInterface.

Addons are setted with External Libs.

This is not a UI meant for slow computers im running all of this at max details and hardly go below 60Fps but i do have a heavy gaming machine.

Here are some solo and raid pics be aware that every element/gui in the UI is skinned in the same way with the same colors so they all match togheter.

All feedback is more then welcome.

If you have any questions post them here and ill try to get back to you asap.

Thanks.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal

Last edited by Maxian : 11-26-07 at 05:28 PM.
11-26-07, 11:58 AM   #2
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
am i the only one who cant see the screenies?
11-26-07, 12:06 PM   #3
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by naeem151287
am i the only one who cant see the screenies?

Hmmm weird working fine for me....if you have problems viewing them i can reduce the size and post the image directly.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal
11-26-07, 12:11 PM   #4
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i suggest reducing the size and posting them directly
11-26-07, 12:14 PM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

No screenie can be seen. And this after Firefox was looaaaddddiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg the page for a while.
11-26-07, 12:29 PM   #6
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Working now?

If so ill post the rest after raid.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal

Last edited by Maxian : 11-26-07 at 05:30 PM.
11-26-07, 04:24 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The attachment feature on these forums = win. But yes, I can see them now.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-26-07, 05:34 PM   #8
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah
The attachment feature on these forums = win. But yes, I can see them now.
Good

Ill try and figure out how attachment works for the next pics ill have to post here.

Some feedback would be great now please

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal
11-28-07, 06:44 AM   #9
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Hmmm 292 viewings and no feedback at all either positive or negative........lol well guess no point in releasing it

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal
11-28-07, 08:59 AM   #10
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Hi Maxian,

here's some feedback

It's funny that I was also a heavy MazzleUI user - even being a beta tester almost from the very beginning, however, since Mazzlefizz unfortunately left the game some time ago, MazzleUI has had a number of problems especially after patch days, I've decided to change UIs after a lot of thought (even though I still like it). I now have a much simpler UI, which I must admit does have some limitations in the way that I play.

I like the general clean, sharp look of the UI. The tooltip looks great and is informative, the damage/healing text on the right is informative yet compact at the same time which is great. Less used items are at the top of the page, which is a nice change. Overall a very nice looking UI. However, there are some things which I would personally rethink. Just note that these are my personal opinions, so yours or anyone else's might differ.

Anyway, my current UI's minimap is at the top left-hand corner. I can't get used to this and I find that I often miss out on mining nodes or herbs, since on my resolution (1680x1050 just like yours), you've actually got to move your eyes around to see the minimap - you can't see it from the corner of your eyes. In your UI, I might be tempted to move the minimap closer to the middle.

Unlike yourself, I'm not much of a raiding person, so the space which is usually occupied by the grid, is kind of wasted in my case and perhaps that of others. Perhaps this might be made more useful for the less raid-orientated people. I might also scale down the grid to make it align with the rest of the bottom part of the screen.

I'm a fan of symmetry so having the target unit frame not aligned with the player unit frame sort of stands out in my eye. I would align the player and target UFs with each other and place the ToT UF above them somewhere.

Other than that the UI looks really nice. I might be tempted adopt it myself Good job!

Oh, could you possibly post a screenshot with just a normal party?
11-28-07, 09:56 AM   #11
JokkiZ
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by Maxian
Hmmm 292 viewings and no feedback at all either positive or negative........lol well guess no point in releasing it
Well i for one love the overall look on the UI. And with no hesetation demands that you upload this!

yes not very constructive but i dont have very much time at this moment and got to go. Ta-ta!
11-28-07, 11:05 AM   #12
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by iljott
Hi Maxian,

here's some feedback

It's funny that I was also a heavy MazzleUI user - even being a beta tester almost from the very beginning, however, since Mazzlefizz unfortunately left the game some time ago, MazzleUI has had a number of problems especially after patch days, I've decided to change UIs after a lot of thought (even though I still like it). I now have a much simpler UI, which I must admit does have some limitations in the way that I play.

I like the general clean, sharp look of the UI. The tooltip looks great and is informative, the damage/healing text on the right is informative yet compact at the same time which is great. Less used items are at the top of the page, which is a nice change. Overall a very nice looking UI. However, there are some things which I would personally rethink. Just note that these are my personal opinions, so yours or anyone else's might differ.

Anyway, my current UI's minimap is at the top left-hand corner. I can't get used to this and I find that I often miss out on mining nodes or herbs, since on my resolution (1680x1050 just like yours), you've actually got to move your eyes around to see the minimap - you can't see it from the corner of your eyes. In your UI, I might be tempted to move the minimap closer to the middle.

Unlike yourself, I'm not much of a raiding person, so the space which is usually occupied by the grid, is kind of wasted in my case and perhaps that of others. Perhaps this might be made more useful for the less raid-orientated people. I might also scale down the grid to make it align with the rest of the bottom part of the screen.

I'm a fan of symmetry so having the target unit frame not aligned with the player unit frame sort of stands out in my eye. I would align the player and target UFs with each other and place the ToT UF above them somewhere.

Other than that the UI looks really nice. I might be tempted adopt it myself Good job!

Oh, could you possibly post a screenshot with just a normal party?
Tnx for your interest

Since the posting of the above pics i've changed a few things.

New raid/solo/party pics will follow soon as well as more details.

@JokkiZ Thank you for your interest, if i get enough requests a final version will be uploaded soon.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal

Last edited by Maxian : 11-28-07 at 11:07 AM.
11-28-07, 12:15 PM   #13
iljott

Originally Posted by Maxian
Tnx for your interest

Since the posting of the above pics i've changed a few things.

New raid/solo/party pics will follow soon as well as more details.

@JokkiZ Thank you for your interest, if i get enough requests a final version will be uploaded soon.
You're welcome Maxian! I've always been a fan of addons and UIs, and I think it's in everyone's interest that a good-looking UI such as this actually gets uploaded, so a little feedback is the least I can do
11-28-07, 04:00 PM   #14
Eas

i really like this UI, the only thing that would get to me is the unit frames not being aligned and the grid... cant really tell what, just something about it i dont like. the grid is a little big too, but other wise i must say, that is one amazing UI!
11-28-07, 04:42 PM   #15
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Eas
i really like this UI, the only thing that would get to me is the unit frames not being aligned and the grid... cant really tell what, just something about it i dont like. the grid is a little big too, but other wise i must say, that is one amazing UI!

Working at a better placement of Unit frames tho i dont think i will change grid since as a raid healer ii have it configured to show a lot of stuff with extra icon and side indicators, Grid Layout on my lock is somehow smaller anyway UI is at 90% atm so some things will change before an eventual release.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal
11-28-07, 05:14 PM   #16
Hitis
A Murloc Raider
Eyyy GG Maxian, Can u upload your interface plz I like your interface I will have that plz
11-28-07, 09:34 PM   #17
Eas

oh, now i see whats going on with grid. duh, lol. please upload this, i really like it (besides the UF position) i play a pally healer too, and this one looks sweet for the job!
11-29-07, 03:57 PM   #18
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Just got home from work but tommorow ill have plenty of time to fix a few last minute things....if all goes as intended ill upload it Friday.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal
11-29-07, 04:30 PM   #19
Eas

sweet, cant wait!
11-30-07, 09:16 AM   #20
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Changed Unit Frames placement (not sure about ToT yet tho) and fixed/changed some addon skinning.

Upload should follow shortly.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Max UI