12-07-07, 07:23 AM   #1
darau2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
bongo's issue? bar switching randomly

Hi,

My character is a rogue and lately I have been having issues where for no good reason my bar will switch to my stealth bar. It is happening frequently regardless of what I am doing. I am NOT in stealth at the time. I can be flying, zoning in or just standing around and the bar will change. Its a real problem when I am in an instance and then have to break out the book and click on attacks from there.

The only thing that fixes it is a total game exit--but there is no guarentee it will not happen again 5 minutes after I get back in game. Not to mention its a real drag to tell the party I am in sorry I have to log and come back to fix my game.

Does this happen to anybody else and what is the fix for it? Is a clean re-install the only way or is there a known culprit I can delete a .lua on and be fixed again?

Any help would be appreciated...I didn't see any other posts about random bar changes.
12-07-07, 11:49 AM   #2
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
I think most bar paging is keybound to shift and mousewheel, try that next time your bar changes (while pointer is in field of vision not aimed at bars)
12-07-07, 12:00 PM   #3
DixieDoo
A Defias Bandit
bar swapping after mind control

I have this issue after I use mind control. Once out of mind control my bars swap and I also have to exit the game and restart it to correct the problem.
12-07-07, 04:25 PM   #4
DeadKnight
A Murloc Raider
Do you have bongos 2 D/L?

I had this happen to me many times on my rogue...I think in order for me to make it stop I logged in an out...I wish I could be more help
12-07-07, 05:37 PM   #5
darau2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
its not bound to my mouse wheel...

I have the bongos that came with Mazzle...

I tried d/l'ing the bongos 2 but I didn't relish fooling with setting up everything but maybe i will try that.
12-08-07, 11:24 PM   #6
Helm
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by darau2
Hi,

My character is a rogue and lately I have been having issues where for no good reason my bar will switch to my stealth bar. It is happening frequently regardless of what I am doing. I am NOT in stealth at the time. I can be flying, zoning in or just standing around and the bar will change. Its a real problem when I am in an instance and then have to break out the book and click on attacks from there.

The only thing that fixes it is a total game exit--but there is no guarentee it will not happen again 5 minutes after I get back in game. Not to mention its a real drag to tell the party I am in sorry I have to log and come back to fix my game.

Does this happen to anybody else and what is the fix for it? Is a clean re-install the only way or is there a known culprit I can delete a .lua on and be fixed again?

Any help would be appreciated...I didn't see any other posts about random bar changes.
I am having a similar problem. I don't have my entire bar switch, but my action bar key bindings nor mouse clicks will respond and I have to do a total game reset. There is also no error messages. This sounds very similar.

Edit: I found out my problem, I had key bindings assigned to shift the action bars up and down. I thought I had disabled them or unbound them, however they were doing it and I must have been accidentally pressing them which made it seem random to me. Maybe this is the problem you are also having? Good luck!

Last edited by Helm : 12-08-07 at 11:30 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » bongo's issue? bar switching randomly