12-18-07, 06:34 AM   #1
tepsu
A Defias Bandit
Holy Grail of all UI's (take apart)

This is it, if you can find out how this was done, you're my personal hero, I've been asking everywhere for this and no one seems to know about it. Some pics

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7154044ga0.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5...7154430mn5.jpg
12-18-07, 06:42 AM   #2
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are joking, right? You should be able to figure this out viewing the threads here.

1. Pick a bar mod. Bartender, Infinibar, Trinity, Bongos, etc.
2. eePanels
3. Grid
4. Chat mod - Prat, mumble, oChat, etc - any of these, pick one that is right for you
5. Fubar / Titan
6. Minimap mod - any will do - RicoMinimap, SimpleMinimap, oMinimap, etc
7. Maybe a casting bar mod - Quartz, AzCastbar, etc.
8. UnitFrames - maybe pitbull or agUnitframes

Done.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

12-18-07, 06:54 AM   #3
tepsu
A Defias Bandit
Yeah I figured that, but I'm wondering how he got the layout to the Pitbull cus its sweet as hell , also what font hes using anyone know?
12-18-07, 07:13 AM   #4
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Can't believe no one could figure out those mods, but heres what i see:

Pitbull for frames (those are real basic you can duplicate easy with some tweaking)
Quartz for castbar
Grid for Raid layout
Prat for chat
Simpleminimap for the minimap
Bongos for the bars (although i can't really tell too well since i can't see them anywhere)
ElkanoBuffBars for buffs
Eepanels for the background tables (you can make textures like that easily in Gimp or photoshop)
Clearfont for the font (with a special font off of a website, fonts.com has it though the name escapes me.)
FuBar for the top bar
Tipbuddy for the tooltips

Flarin's got most of these in his post, but thats just what i see there.

I only looked at the one screenie from AV so thats all I saw in there. You could replicate this pretty easily if you grab those mods and do some setup of your own. However if you really wanna go this minimalistic just press alt+z and presto. I would like to commend this guy, however, on getting the name Nuke. That in itself is a pretty big accomplishment.

Last edited by Voonka : 12-18-07 at 07:17 AM.
12-18-07, 07:45 AM   #5
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tooltip is CowTip, not TinyTip. I'm willing to bet that the chat mod is not Prat, but one of the other few out there (PhanxChat, etc). Action Bars could be either Bongos2 or Bartender3...both compatible with Cycircled with the Vol skin. FuBar on top has DurabilityFu and Niagra visibly plugged in. Stats in the lower left corner could be CML or old SLTimex. Looks like it's utilizing Parrot for the scrolling combat text.
12-18-07, 09:30 AM   #6
Kardinalsin
A Fallenroot Satyr

thats Nukes ui its been up for download a few times not really that tuff to fined
12-18-07, 09:35 AM   #7
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I can only be positive about a few of the addons:

Buffs: ElkBuffBars (Ace)
Frames: Pitbull (Take a LOT of effort to get AG to look like this, pitbull all of 30 seconds, again an Ace addon)
Info Bar: Fubar (Ace)
ToolTip: CowTip (Ace)
Art: eePanels (Ace, I'm only sure of this as he's using other Ace addons and probably kept it simple)
Combat Text: Parrot (Ace)
Raid: Grid (Ace)
MiniMap: Squeenix (Ace, looks just like mine)

Now I'm not sure of some of these but probably keeping with the Ace theme I theorize:
Bars: BarTender3 (Ace, strange hey?)
Chat: Prat / BasicChatMods / SimpleChatMods (Ace, I say Prat as it keeps with the Ace theme but it is also customizeable to look like what he's got there. He could also have SimpleCombatLog installed which would help with the formatting, otherwise he might be using ChatBox)
CastBar: AZ / Quartz (Ace, both can look the same though personally I like AZ)

As for your font, it looks very similar to Tangerine http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Tangerine.htm but specifically I haven't a clue.
12-18-07, 09:58 AM   #8
Steil
A Cliff Giant

The clock/latency info on the lower left is Sltimex 2.0
12-18-07, 10:22 AM   #9
tepsu
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Kardinalsin
thats Nukes ui its been up for download a few times not really that tuff to fined
Can you tell me where to find it? I cant seem to find it
12-18-07, 11:22 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
PitBull and CowTip are not written with the Ace2 framework, but with the Rock framework. They are available on wowace.com, however. And that's not SLTimex-2.0, it's either the old SLTimex or CML. Scrolling Combat Text may be either SCT, MSBT, or Parrot. All three have icons. And I'm pretty sure the cast bar is Quartz.

oh - and you don't need custom textures from Gimp/PS for that eePanels look. And I don't believe ClearFont is installed, as the chat font and FuBar font are not touched.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-18-07, 12:32 PM   #11
Cillian
A Murloc Raider
I've tried forever to make a UI that looks like this... Pitbull and eePanels just confuse me. I guess I'm not that savvy. I've looked all over and cant seem to find where Nuke made this available for download. Any help on how to configure this or where to find the compilation would be greatly appreciated.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Holy Grail of all UI's (take apart)