02-18-08, 11:03 AM   #1
sebastienb11
A Kobold Labourer
Help With Add-ons

What are add-ons i havent got a clue of it. I need help because i downloaded something to help on quest and i put it in wow/interface/addons and when i log on it doesn't even help on then quests.
02-18-08, 11:36 AM   #2
Arabeth
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Addons are bits of software that slot into the game and are designed to aid you in playing the game. Some may just be visual, some are functional, some are both. Written by people who enjoy doing that kind of thing.

When you get to your character screen, on the bottom right there should be a button saying "Addons". Click it and it will show what addons you have installed. Check to see it is ticked in this dialog. If not, tick it and that should be it.

If you have already done that...which addon did you download? It may have a particular way of showing itself to you. Check the explanation on it's download page.

If still confused, pass some more details back here.
02-18-08, 12:15 PM   #3
Portalius
A Cyclonian

Nice description, if this gives you thoughts of wanting to try out using addons, you should check out this FAQ on how to make addons run in your game:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install

Hope this can be of any help

If only one was IMBA
02-18-08, 12:24 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You should also check out this sticky if your addons are not installing correctly: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help With Add-ons