02-27-08, 11:16 AM   #1
frigga
A Murloc Raider
how do i...????

Hello guys,

I have used the UI now for almost 2 months (since i started playing) and now that im getting more used to how it works and all tools i have there im starting to change it according what i think its better (colors, display, configs, etc)...

but then i got a problem: if i mazzlefy for some reason, i will need to make ALL the changes again and if play more than one char (and i do) i would need to redo it 2-10 times...

Then my question is: how do i spread all the config i make between my chars? which files do i need to copy around and which ones i cant???

for frames i found out that copying over DiscordUnitFrames.lua from WTF directory to the others and then loading the right profile works but what about other stuff? what i can and what i cant overwrite in WTF directory??? is there a way i can make "standard" copies of my configuration and then just overwrite them when i create/modify an alt???

And last question: how do i modify my raid color configuration???

i tried to look for my answers around the forum the whole day yesterday and i didnt find the info...

tks in advance

Marienne
02-27-08, 08:03 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by frigga View Post
Then my question is: how do i spread all the config i make between my chars? which files do i need to copy around and which ones i cant???
There is no easy answer. It varies per add-on. Some are global, some are per character, some are global but internally organized per character, and some do a little bit of both.

I suggest simply not mazzifying aspects that you don't want to overwrite. There are checkboxes for nearly everything.
02-28-08, 04:23 PM   #3
Alanthegun
A Murloc Raider
Suggestion. . .

Maybe my WoW is really weird, but for me, all I have to do is copy+paste WTF, and make sure the .lua and .wtf files are regular. Then I just duplicate a copy and keep it in a folder, so when I make a new character, I just duplicate into it. :S
03-03-08, 04:54 AM   #4
frigga
A Murloc Raider
Thanks

Yeah i have found out that the info is on WTF folder...

I have been messing with my UI the last few days and trying to get it more friendly to me... lets see how it gets in the end... Right now im trying to find out how to change the texture size not sure why but everything that is in the middle of the screen (except for my action bars) was smaller than it should and moved a bit to the left...

Found out how to change the party members and target but not the texture itself hehehe now reading FAQ...

I love this UI and i think you guys do a great job!!!

Thanks for everything!!!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » how do i...????