03-23-08, 04:19 PM   #1
Nessyc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A circle of action bar/chat customization/textures?

Don't really know what it's called but it was basically a big circle with a bunch of buttons going around it and one in the middle, looked pretty cool and was just wondering what it was used for an the name of it

Also, I saw a UI where they had the chat thing setup rather interesting, they had this blue bar above and below where the chat was and it was solid blue and bigger at the left side of both of them and got sharper/lighter as it went to the right, any ideas?

Last and not least, anyone know of a good place to find, hm, I guess "textures"? By this I mean cyCircle stuff (shape of the buttons, etc) as well as, for example, Quartz textures where it can be glass, glass wave, etc.

Thanks for help
03-23-08, 04:42 PM   #2
sircreeps
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The first thing you were talking about, im assuming is totemus (shaman), necrosis (warlock), crylosis (mage), etc... theres a bunch of em and i know theres one that used to be able to be used by any class but i think its been deserted for quite a bit. i used crylosis for a while until i just added one big hide-on-mouseover set of buttons.

i dont know quite what this chat thing is but im sure if you tinker with Prat and Eepanels you'll end up with a pretty chat box!

and lastly about the textures. *reads through addon list to remember quick* I use UIshtara's UI package but remove almost all the addons and use my own choices. this means that i basically only use the textures and eepanels frames from UIshtara. I noticed while switching out ishtara's pitbull for my AG_UnitFrames that i still had all the textures available for use with my AG_UF so i think the addon that does this is SharedMedia.

hopefully this was all useful. good luck!
03-23-08, 04:47 PM   #3
Nessyc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you very much, extremely helpful response

Happy Easter and thank you again for your time and help

Edit; Would you happen to know the name for the priest/warrior one or a website I could visit for the circular action bar? Also, I use dmbs (detached minimap buttons?) which is really nice, however it's a pain trying to get them organized, would you happen to know of any addon that puts minimap buttons in a nice little organized box or something? (Besides FuBar, had it for a bit and wasn't a huge fan of it, prefer Titan Panel)

Last edited by Nessyc : 03-23-08 at 05:36 PM.
03-23-08, 06:17 PM   #4
sircreeps
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

delete dmbs and download MiniMap Button Frame. i keep mine hidden on my FuBar and open it whenever i need those buttons.

as for the circular action bars you want... i used crylolysis 2 (the mage one) for about 2-3 months and can honestly say its a waste of addon space. you can make macro's to do whatever it does (i.e. conjure food on left click, consume on right, and trade on middle.). the action bars are pre-configured to your class so you cannot customize these that well. every action these bars are made for are actions that you do not need to do in combat. thus i would suggest using trinity bars or trinity bars 2 (i love these bars) and make a 5x5 button frame or however many you need and have it on hide until mouse-over. this will keep your UI clean and use up less space. again, the circular action bar things are mainly buffs/anti-spells/comsumables/etc...
03-23-08, 06:18 PM   #5
sircreeps
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

i would prefer you using fubar. i was a fan of trinity from the get-go but trinity is dying slowly. fubar has tons of useful plug-ins that support stand alone mods or in-game features. titan's list of plug-ins is getting shorter day by day.
03-23-08, 07:02 PM   #6
Nessyc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Eh, I used fubar for a bit but didn't like it as much as titan panel, I have to say titan panel is still greater then fubar

As far as the minimap button frame, I got it but having some problems. I got it setup how I want it to be looks wise and I can use all the zoom in minimap, see mail, etc stuff but when I click on my actually addons (CTRA, Bartender, etc) I can't click on them, or even hover over them and get an effect. Any ideas?

Edit; Huh, never mind, I just tried it on my other char and it's working fine, probably just messed up on something on my other char, thanks again

Last edited by Nessyc : 03-23-08 at 07:06 PM.
03-23-08, 10:45 PM   #7
sircreeps
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

try hiding or locking your frame so the border disappears. mine is always sat this way so i dunno if the border is just there to make the frame movable or if you should be able to click the icons or not.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A circle of action bar/chat customization/textures?