04-04-08, 09:29 AM   #1
josey66
A Murloc Raider
Help with a mod.

Before the WoW patch, down in the right hand corner of my screen i had a box that said what the animal was that i had my mouse pointer hovering over. It also said what level the animal was. What i am most interested in, is it also told what percent rate a certain item might drop. Example if i had my pointer on a clefthoof it would say maybe i had a 50% chance it mighht drop clefthoof meat and a 10% chance it might drop a certaain recipe or something. Since the patch it only says what the animal is and it's level. I am trying to get it back the way it was. I'm not sure what mod it was that did this. can anyone suggest something to help? Thanks in advance.
04-04-08, 09:51 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
First, did you check "Load Out of Date Addons" after the patch? That could prevent it from loading. Or you may be getting errors about it - make sure that errors are enabled in Interface Options.

If you just plain do not have the mod in your Addons folder anymore, then I think it may be MobInfo.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-04-08, 09:57 AM   #3
josey66
A Murloc Raider
I thought it might be mobinfo but i can't seem to get it to do right. I am currently useing Cosmos-Khaos,Atlas and Atlas loot. As far as loading ot of date mods, I don't know where to do that at and anyway i downloaded all new mods after the patch that are supposed to work with the patch.
04-04-08, 12:50 PM   #4
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

did you delete your WTF folder as Blizz suggests?
that would clear all your SVs and you may need to re-setup the addition to the tooltip. in my experience, some (tho relatively few) mods don't do anything by default and their functions need to be "turned on" in their options/configuration first...but i'm not particularly familiar with the Cosmos package anymore. its been 2+ years since i used it.

additionally, you might get better answers posting in the Cosmos forum rather than here.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
04-04-08, 03:23 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by josey66 View Post
I thought it might be mobinfo but i can't seem to get it to do right. I am currently useing Cosmos-Khaos,Atlas and Atlas loot. As far as loading ot of date mods, I don't know where to do that at and anyway i downloaded all new mods after the patch that are supposed to work with the patch.
On the character select screen there is an "Addon" button in the lower right hand corner. Click that then check "load out of date addons".

But yeah .. that sounds like Mobinfo2 to me too which comes with one version of Cosmos.

Which version of Cosmos did you get?? MobInfo2 Only comes with Cosmos Complete. Not to sure what you meant by Cosmos-Khaos .. did you install that version ?? If so you either need the Beginner or Complete (I suggest the complete) Khaos is nothing more than a addon configuration system.

You may have downloaded a different version which would not have updated your MobInfo2 addon which is why it is not working.

I would suggest downloading Cosmos Complete and installing that first.

Also one last thing. I would suggest deleting all you mods in your addon folder then re-installing the mods you use. This can prevent some problems as old files no longer used won't be there to possible mess things up (although unlikely). I usually delete the addon folder before I install the new version.
04-04-08, 08:03 PM   #6
josey66
A Murloc Raider
The mobinfo i am using is version 3.60 when you use it in game. The cosmos i am using is comos feat_win. I may be wrong but i think mobinfo is not what i'm thinking. it just does'nt look right and it only tells stuff after i kill the animal. As far as old add ons i don't have them anymore because i got all new ones when the new patch came out. Also i got rid of the WTF folder. Anyone have any different ideas?
04-04-08, 09:23 PM   #7
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
You deleted the WTF folder.

All the %% of drops you see and the items a mob drops is from MobInfo. On a fresh install (or after deleting the WTF folder) it deletes the database that you built over time.

You need to rebuild that database. All those %% you saw was what you have found over time.

If you deleted the WTF folder is it still in your recycle bin??

If so goto your current WoW install and rename the WTF folder to WTF COPY.

Open your recycle bin and navigate to the WTF folder in the recycle bin.

Right Click the WTF folder in the recycle bin and click restore.

In your WoW install directory you should now have WTF and a WTF COPY folders.

Go into the WTF folder and follow navigate these directory's --- WTF\Account\"YOUR ACCOUNT NAME"\SavedVariables\.

In there you should see MobInfo2.lua and a MobInfo2.lua.bak files.

Select those two files, right click them and select COPY (or press Ctrl+C).

Back out and goto the same location in your WTF COPY folder (WTF COPY\Account\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\.

Right Click a blank space in that folder and select PASTE (or CTRL+V).

Back out of these folders and delete the WTF folder you restored from your recycle bin.

Rename WTF COPY to WTF.

Hope this helps.

If you have already deleted your WTF folder from the recycle bin you can install THIS DATABASE. To do this open the zip file after you download it. Inside you will find a "MobInfo2" Folder. Open your interface\addon\ folder in your WoW install directory. Drag the Mobinfo2 folder from the zip file you opened from curse gaming to your addon folder. When asked to overwrite anything say "Yes To All". Run WoW. type /mi2 in chat. Goto the database tab. Check off the box for "import only unknown Mobs". Click the red Import button. Chat will spit out some info about what MobInfo did. Your database is now pretty full. Your characters will continue to add to it as well.

When you eventually exit WoW goto your addon folder and open up the MobInfo2 folder. Delete the MI2_Import.lua file as it is no longer needed.

I know this looks like a lot but if you need any more help please do ask.

Last edited by Sepioth : 04-04-08 at 10:18 PM.
04-05-08, 08:18 AM   #8
josey66
A Murloc Raider
WOOT. Thank you so much. I think that does it.
04-05-08, 10:08 PM   #9
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by josey66 View Post
WOOT. Thank you so much. I think that does it.
Glad we could help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with a mod.