06-02-08, 02:45 AM   #1
kryshael
A Kobold Labourer
Mining ping

I've been mulling this around for a while and finally decided to post. It will make me seem lazy, but meh...

Sometimes when I am out and about I am busy doing other things than just looking at my mini-map to watch for a little yellow dot. I was wondering(im sure there is a way) if there is a way to add some type of sound byte whenever a little yellow dot shows up on the minimap?

Not sure how much coding would go into that, but it seems fairly straight-forward. Having a sound go off when a node appears on your map would save alot of people some backtracking time, and would cut down on those long hours of hunting for nodes.

Questions or thoughts?
06-02-08, 03:06 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If i recall this has been suggested before. From what i remember its no possible due to the functions of the map being secure that would allow for this.

Though im sure if im mistaken one of the folks here will correct me.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-02-08, 03:44 AM   #3
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Theres one way to do it, and that is to periodically move the minimap over the mouse and see if any tooltips pop up.

I believe this is the only way to do it.
06-02-08, 06:38 AM   #4
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
Theres one way to do it, and that is to periodically move the minimap over the mouse and see if any tooltips pop up.

I believe this is the only way to do it.
This is the only way that anyone has been able to do it so far. I know there used to be an addon posted here on WoWInterface that did this, but it was about 2.5 years old and had not been updated, so it was removed from the site. So unless someone has that addon, or know another place to get it, anyone wanting this done would have to start from scratch.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mining ping