09-30-08, 03:40 PM   #1
Neobyte
A Defias Bandit
Pit Bull Problem

So, I downloaded Pit Bull 3.0 for the beta and it isn't working at all. When I click the "Add Ons" button from the character log-in screen, Pit Bull doesn't appear in the list of add-ons.

Does that mean that I haven't downloaded it correctly?

Thanks
09-30-08, 03:47 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That means that you haven't installed it correctly. It should be installed the same way as addons on live, except in the beta directory, not the main WoW directory.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-01-08, 03:57 PM   #3
Neobyte
A Defias Bandit
Yeah, I've done it that way with all the rest of the add-ons I'm using and pit bull is the only I'm having an issue with. I've tried it a few diff ways and it's just not working for some reason. Oh well.
10-01-08, 04:56 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What is the path to the Pitbull.toc file?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-01-08, 08:18 PM   #5
Neobyte
A Defias Bandit
This is why my user name is Neobyte.

What's a .toc file and how do I find it? Going to try to look for it in the addons folder.

Edit:
C:>Program Files>WotLK Beta>Interface>AddOns>PitBull>PitBull.toc

2nd Edit:
Well I obviously did something wrong the first few times b/c I just added it one more time for kicks and it's there now. Maybe I was taking the PitBull folder from the unextracted file...dunno. Now the problem is that it's spamming errors at me. I think I saw a fix for that somewhere on the official beta forums so I'll look there for it. If anyone knows the fix off hand, I'd certainly appreciate not having to search =)

@ Seerah - thanks for taking the time to help a nub.

Last edited by Neobyte : 10-01-08 at 08:28 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Pit Bull Problem