10-22-08, 03:06 AM   #1
HenryHiggins
A Kobold Labourer
Bindings and Layouts

If I am honest, I can probably quite happily drop a large chunk of MazzleUI, but what I *really* loved, and will *sorely* miss are the keybindings and layouts. It was simplicity itself to add in new spells (/mazzify) and I always found the bindings to be useful, efficient and intuitive, and the paging thing made life so much better for my hunter. Does anyone have anything like this functionality implemented in their own UIs? Or are there plans to do so? I know that I can "extract" the bindings from the core lua files, and perhaps even apply them to any replacement, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Cheers.
10-22-08, 05:00 PM   #2
e8link
A Defias Bandit
I was thinking the same thing...

My new setup is similar to what I had in Mazzle, but I had grown so accustomed to the layout I've virtually forgotten what was where. Anyone know in which files the layout would be located?

For the moment I've switched to using dominos. It would be awesome if they were a way I could apply the mazzle layout in dominos!
10-26-08, 09:36 AM   #3
Hoonsy
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi there,

as I already said after I stopped working on BC-Spells I'll build layouts and bindings in WotLK again.

Due, I can't start doing that before I know if we'll use Dominos or Bongos, if I can bind Macros in the future layouts, before our school admin rescued my hard drive and - most important - before Mazzle 3.0 is life.

Be sure, as soon as Mazzle 3.0 can be downloaded and when I worked myself into it I'll post new layouts.

Until then, I would be happy if you could give me suggestions for classspecific layouts, due I just play Enhancer and Warrior on high level.

Notice: I'll just use following hotkeys in the layouts:

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6

R

T
ST
CT

G
SG
CG

Z/Y
X
C
V

C1-C0: Reserved for Pets
S1-S0: Reserved for Stances

Hope I can bind Macros in the layouts to save place for hotkeys (e.g: for my warror I wrote a tanking macro which uses Revenge, Sunder Armor, Shield Slam, Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Mocking Blow, Concussive Blow, Devastate, Shield Block and Heroic Strike, and I think it makes tanking much more easier than the best Layout without macros could do.

Last edited by Hoonsy : 10-26-08 at 09:42 AM.
10-26-08, 10:20 AM   #4
Brillynt
A Black Drake

The layouts are in Mazzifier/Mazzifier_Layouts.lua
10-26-08, 12:38 PM   #5
ibnuts
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hoonsy (or anyone else for that matter),

It would be really awesome if that could be made into a standalone addon. It is by far the thing I miss most about Mazzle. I'm using Arkive now (it uses Dominos), but would love to have this functionality.
11-12-08, 07:25 AM   #6
Rhothran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
Hoonsy (or anyone else for that matter),

It would be really awesome if that could be made into a standalone addon. It is by far the thing I miss most about Mazzle. I'm using Arkive now (it uses Dominos), but would love to have this functionality.
QFT! This is honestly the biggest thing I miss about Mazzle. So many other compilations have neat UI's, those are a dime a dozen, but none of them, anywhere (and I've been looking since Mazzle stopped making MazzleUI) have the automatic spell recognition and keybinding functionality. That was AMAZING! It also made me a better player.
11-13-08, 04:26 AM   #7
Hoonsy
A Murloc Raider
Well, as I said, I'm going to do my best as soon as Mazzle 3.0 is out, but I can't build a standalone Addon due my mainboard crashed, my A-Level started and I don't know how to write a standalone ^^
11-13-08, 01:29 PM   #8
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Any chance you'll be keeping up with Joy'punks warrior layout? Not sure the exact name but my main is also a Warrior and have LOVED the unique bindings used, like Ctrl+E, Shift+Q, Alt+Q etc
11-14-08, 07:16 AM   #9
Hoonsy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Bdro View Post
Any chance you'll be keeping up with Joy'punks warrior layout? Not sure the exact name but my main is also a Warrior and have LOVED the unique bindings used, like Ctrl+E, Shift+Q, Alt+Q etc
My BC-Warriorlayout was a suggestion of Joyluck, and if he get good ideas, I think I'll use them.

Due I dislike the Q/E+Modifier binding because I think they are unhandy.
11-21-08, 11:59 PM   #10
Talonclaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm another that would LOVE to see this implemented, either in one of the lookalikes, or as a standalone addon. Maybe there's a way to do something with myBindings2 and SimpleActionSets? Its been so long since I had to put my own buttons on my bars, I've forgotten where exactly to put everything lol. I love a lot of Mazzle's features, but this is one of the ones that I think gets taken for granted, but really is one of the best parts of the compilation.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bindings and Layouts