11-21-08, 09:59 AM   #1
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Old DUF Error HELP

For a LONG time now i have gotten this DUF error on load up. is there a fix for this somewhere?

[2008/11/21 08:55:04-1137-x4]: Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:452: Usage: UnitCanAttack("unit", "otherUnit"):
Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:452: in function `UnitPopup_HideButtons':
Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:180: in function `UnitPopup_ShowMenu':
DiscordUnitFrames-3.0\DUF_UnitFrame.lua:1101: in function `initFunction'
Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:51: in function `UIDropDownMenu_Initialize':
DiscordUnitFrames-3.0\DUF_UnitFrame.lua:1091: in function `DUF_UnitPopup_OnLoad'
<string>:"*:OnLoad":1: in function <[string "*:OnLoad"]:1>
11-21-08, 11:06 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you using the current version of DUF? http://worldofmodcraft.com/
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-21-08, 11:11 AM   #3
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

yup 3.0. somthin somthin...
11-21-08, 11:15 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Okay, then have you checked through their bug reports to see if its listed (or posted it yourself) so that it could be fixed? Or you could check their forums.

Those are really the best places for you to be going for this, I think.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-21-08, 11:31 AM   #5
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

well... now im wondering which site is which i actually got my files from wowunderground or something to that affect the site looks just like the link you posted just dif web addy. a half arsed copy of the orig discord site. anyhow i will post it there to eventually. the error dosnt seem to really affect anything so its not a big deal it would just be nice to see 0 errors on load up for a change lol. I just seem to get better answers here then anywhere else and people visiting here usually have extensive knowledge of a wide array of mods.
11-21-08, 11:35 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, the discord site has moved around a few times as it has worked to find a new home after Loz left. You probably went to underworldexodus.

11-21-08, 11:37 AM   #7
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

thats exactly where i went... i checked and they both have the same 3.0.2b file up so... part of this maybe related to the wtf files im scared to del the duf wtf files though in fear that ill lose the layout lol. Had same DUF WTF's for almost 2 years now. I did try deling them once and tried numerous things but anytime i dont leave the duf wtf's from a long time ago i lose the pedestals under the 3d chars.

Last edited by Grimsin : 11-21-08 at 11:40 AM. Reason: adding...
11-21-08, 11:41 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
While exited from WoW (or at least logged out) just move them to your desktop. If that solves your error, then you know the sv's were the problem. If the error still persists, then you can put them back in the WTF (when not in-game).

11-21-08, 11:51 AM   #9
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Oh btw... i found an error in tiptop. And i dont suppose your going to add mana bars and buff icons to it? I like tiptop out of all the options its just lacking a few things. The error im sure has to do with how many mods i have displaying data on the tooltip since that seems to be what causes errors on ranttip, tiptop and tiptac. Each one its a dif error for a dif reason lol.

Someone said to me the other day.... your always playing wow... my response was... not really, im always fixing mods. Not even 72 yet ROFL. sad i know.
11-21-08, 01:03 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, I won't add those. Mana bars have already been asked for in feature requests. Add the bug to my portal please.

11-21-08, 07:06 PM   #11
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

heres a question. if i log into wow and del my wtf folder itll save all the settings fresh when i log out right? since all settings are saved on log out?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Old DUF Error HELP