01-11-09, 08:06 AM   #1
Taralack
A Murloc Raider

How to save profiles for addons?

Hi all, I'm still on my quest to be able to create a mod pack. ^^;

I'm still having troubles with saving profiles for individual mods. Today I had a guildie download my "mod pack" and he said that he could not see a profile I had saved in Dominos, although on my screen I can see that I had saved it under a different name.

Also, in the /rock gui menus, how do I save a profile? Most of the options under Profile have Choose, Copy or Delete. I am hesitant to pick any of those because I have once tried to save a profile using Choose, and it instead wiped my settings so I am really wary of it.

Any help appreciated!
01-11-09, 08:59 AM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First of all, most addons save profiles automatically on log-out. So there's no need to manually save it. That choose option you tried just chose the selected profile as your current one, so the settings you just did would be lost because you just chose another profile to use

There are a few exceptions to this, for example AzCastBar has manual profiles.

Anyway, for the problem that they're not able to see your profiles ... are you including the saved variables for the addons? The settings don't get saved in the actual addons folder, but rather in \wtf\account\accountname\savedvariables.
01-11-09, 10:09 AM   #3
Taralack
A Murloc Raider

Yup. I tried emulating the way someone who downloaded would do it, I wiped my Interface and WTF folders (pasted onto desktop) and copied my "pack" into the folders. When I logged on everything was a mess and none of the settings I have normally were present.
01-11-09, 05:13 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Use default profiles when available, that way your settings will be applied by default.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to save profiles for addons?