03-19-09, 05:49 PM   #1
roballey
A Defias Bandit

Can I run two UI packages?

First I'd like to say thanks to this community. There are some really talented people here who obviously spend as much time modding as they do playing. Then they share that labor with us. Thank uou

My big question is, what way can I download two UI packages (DemiGod & IshtaraUI.64) and be able to not overwrite important aspect of each one.

I want to use each UI on a different character on the same account. I understand the mechanics of changing Interface and WTF folders, but how can I merge the two?

The main problem is inside the interface folder. The extra folders that house "Button" "CastingBar" etc.. support files.

Thank you for you help!
03-19-09, 06:57 PM   #2
aretziel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
well ... what you need to do is to d/l and install one of them first.

open up the char you want the first one on and configure it.

also in your character screen there is the 'addon' button, change to the other char there and unmark all the 'first char UI' addons for it =)

then you install the second UI pack and hope not to many of them are the same, and unmark all the second UI addons for the first char ...

what you should have now are alot of addons but only the one for the different UIs activated on teh different chars... then just set them up.

even if they share some settings you will be able to set them upp different between users.

sorry if my description is a bit vague =/
03-19-09, 07:09 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Check out http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Reflux.html
03-19-09, 07:20 PM   #4
roballey
A Defias Bandit

First thanks for the quick replies! Once again this community does a top notch job!

I can load both set of addons no problem, even add the correct saved variable for each. The problem lies here:

\\World of Warcraft\Interface\Button
CastingBar
Chatframe
etc..

Both addon packs have folders there with .BLP files in them. They overwrite each other and eliminate certian art details from one UI or the other. Can I work around that?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Can I run two UI packages?