04-17-09, 10:12 PM   #1
Pyroclast
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Carbonite does not appear in my list of add-ons

As you can see I use Vista, I have it in the right folder, I don't even HAVE a C:/User/Public/Games folder for WoW to go into, every single other one of my add-ons shows up in my list of add-ons, including the ones I JUST installed today to update them. Also I should note that this is my first time using Carbonite, so there were no leftover old folders that could possibly be messing things up. Can anyone figure this out?

And YES, I did install it while logged out of WoW, I even logged in and out a few times in a vain attempt to 'refresh it', so that isn't the problem either... help >_>

04-18-09, 12:24 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What files are in the Carbonite folder?

Carbonite.xml
Carbonite.lua
Carbonite.toc

Do you have those and several others?

04-19-09, 08:27 AM   #3
DivineCrusade
A Defias Bandit
Hello, I have the same problem. And yes, those files are in my carbonite directory.

Edit: These are the files I have in my Carbonite Directory:

'Gfx' folder
'Snd' folder
Bindings (XML)
Carbonite (LUA)
Carbonite.toc (TOC)
Carbonite (XML)
CarboniteLicenseAgreement (Text Doc)
CarboniteReadMe (Text Doc)
Localization (LUA)

I am also using Vista OS.

Last edited by DivineCrusade : 04-19-09 at 08:37 AM.

04-20-09, 01:29 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by DivineCrusade View Post
Hello, I have the same problem. And yes, those files are in my carbonite directory.
If the files are in the correct place and it won't load, then it is one of these problems:
1 The addon is not checked to load in the addons list.
2 The addon files (toc, xml, lua) are corrupted and the game rejects them.
3 The game installation is messed up and needs to be repaired.

1 is easy to check. 2 and 3 almost never happen.

Normally the files are in the wrong place. What does the Target field of your WoW short cut say? What is the full path where you are putting the addon files?

04-20-09, 12:34 PM   #5
Artok
A Murloc Raider
From the screenshot, it looks like you've installed Carbonite to the correct place, and it should be working properly...

I have to suggest it, because I hate doing it myself, but its time to try deleting your WTF and WDB folders (Back them up! this will delete all addon settings!). You might even want to try removing other addons (not unchecking... but actually REMOVING) to see if there is some sort of strange conflict. Outside of Faatal's 1-2-3 post above, I've never seen this type of behavior from any addon...

04-20-09, 03:12 PM   #6
seabourne69
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation carbonite not working

I too have unzipped all carbonite files into the addon directory 5 times and each time i see all the files there but when i log in and go to my addon screen nothing no carbonite i need help quest helper pales in comparison

04-22-09, 04:03 AM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by seabourne69 View Post
I too have unzipped all carbonite files into the addon directory 5 times and each time i see all the files there but when i log in and go to my addon screen nothing no carbonite i need help quest helper pales in comparison
It is probably the wrong addons folder.

1 What OS do you have?
2 What path are you unzipping to?
3 What does the Target: box say in the properties of the shortcut you use to start Wow?

04-22-09, 04:39 AM   #8
DivineCrusade
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
If the files are in the correct place and it won't load, then it is one of these problems:
1 The addon is not checked to load in the addons list.
2 The addon files (toc, xml, lua) are corrupted and the game rejects them.
3 The game installation is messed up and needs to be repaired.

1 is easy to check. 2 and 3 almost never happen.

Normally the files are in the wrong place. What does the Target field of your WoW short cut say? What is the full path where you are putting the addon files?
Carbonite dosen't actuallly show up in the addons list (in game), hence why I can't check/uncheck it to load.

Edit: WAIT, I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!

My WoW is installed in two different places (don't ask me why, possibly the update to Lich King had something to do with it) The first directory is in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft, which is where I have been installing all my add-ons into. The shortcut, however, is directed to C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft.

Therefore, all of my installed addons have been having no effect on my in-game, as I have been using the wrong copy of WoW!!

It works fine now, thanks for the help, I hope this helps to solve some of your problems!

Last edited by DivineCrusade : 04-22-09 at 04:47 AM.

04-22-09, 04:47 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by DivineCrusade View Post
Carbonite dosen't actuallly show up in the addons list (in game), hence why I can't check/uncheck it to load.
The game does a rather simple scan on startup, looking in the sub folders of the Addons folder for any toc files and puts them on the addon list.

If the files are in the wrong place, it won't show in the list.

Anyone with addon install problems need to answer these questions:

1 What OS do you have?
2 What path are you unzipping to?
3 What does the Target: box say in the properties of the shortcut you use to start Wow?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite does not appear in my list of add-ons