04-23-09, 03:56 AM   #1
florinpatan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Lightbulb [Feature request] Carbonite map/quest areas

Hi,

I would like to ask you if it's possible that somewhere in the future to include one of these two features (or both, though it means a lot of work I presume):

1) Show quest objectives on the default world map just like you do now on Carbonites’ map
Or
2) Make a option that allows you to zoom in/out of the Carbonite map just like the default world map does.

I'm asking if it's possible to do one of those two because it seems that some of my friends that tried Carbonite found a bit awkward to use the scrolling map, which I totally love, but it's the only thing that keeps them from using this addon.

Thanks for reading this and keep up the good work.

04-23-09, 09:17 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We don't plan on doing anything with the Blizzard world map.

We could do something that makes the map look and feel more retro. The UI gets problematic though, since right clicking shows our menu and Blizzard used right click to zoom out. Any suggestions?

You can currently left double click a zone to zoom it full size.

04-24-09, 01:58 AM   #3
florinpatan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
First of all, thank you for reply.

Regarding how I would see the implementation of the "Retro map mode" you could add a button that fires the menu now shown when users click on the map and use right click to zoom out. The buton should be inline with the other buttons, warehouse, events etc and appear only in the "Retro map mode".

Thanks for considering my ideea.

Regards

04-24-09, 02:52 AM   #4
SirLLoydCyrus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
good point here, but i have a solution. i've been roubled or...crippled really with a slow-as-heck computer laptop, so zooming in from say...stormwind to dalaran is a huge 5 minute hassle. i used to use cartographer for my map, but it still hae some use wit the rigt-click functionality. so i bound a button that wasnt doing anything to open cartographer instead of the carbonite map. still prefer carbonite for quests and nearby areas, but when it comes to cross continent stuff i'll go with cartograper..or you could just fiddle with the keybind options and use te blizzard map.

04-24-09, 03:05 AM   #5
florinpatan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by SirLLoydCyrus View Post
good point here, but i have a solution. i've been roubled or...crippled really with a slow-as-heck computer laptop, so zooming in from say...stormwind to dalaran is a huge 5 minute hassle. i used to use cartographer for my map, but it still hae some use wit the rigt-click functionality. so i bound a button that wasnt doing anything to open cartographer instead of the carbonite map. still prefer carbonite for quests and nearby areas, but when it comes to cross continent stuff i'll go with cartograper..or you could just fiddle with the keybind options and use te blizzard map.
Well using Carbonite and Cartographer is a bit awkward as I use Carbonite because it has all this great features in just one package that uses almost no memory and CPU for doing it's job intead of having 5-6 add-ons and have all that overhead on CPU (Questhelper + Gatherer + Cartographer + bank bag addon anyone ) plus it's easier to update.

Carbonites map is really useful for me, and I didn't think that cross-continent scrolling can be slow (well on dual processor and 4gb i don't feel anything ) but some people just want the Blizzard way on working with the map, it's a matter of taste.

Last edited by florinpatan : 04-24-09 at 08:58 AM.

04-24-09, 08:55 AM   #6
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I could see implementing a mode where we show just one continent at a time and a mechanism to quickly switch between them.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [Feature request] Carbonite map/quest areas