05-31-09, 03:08 AM   #1
hdbaer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
DK CD on rune based abilites, Ready-Check, German L10N

Hi all,

first I want to say thank you for your amazing work.

3 little things:

1) DK Runes and button-integrated CD timers

I really like the button-integrated CD timers for my DK's rune based abilities (like icy touch, Scourge Strike, etc.).

As unholy DK Tank, I convert Blood Runes into "Death Runes" and use them to do Scourge Strike or Obliterate (both consume 1 frost and unholy rune, or death runes as a "joker" for one of them or even both).

I seems that the CD Timer on (for example) Scourge Strike ("SS") looks at frost and unholy runes only and does not include death runes. As a result, SS shows a x-sec cooldown (taken from frost and unholy rune status), but is activated as soon as the (converted) death rune is up.

In the case that this is not my fault, you may want to take a look at this.

2) Ready Check Results stay visible

As Raid Leader (or assistant), the results of the last "Ready Check" (if thats the correct english phrase) remain on the raid members and cover important information (like HP). I found no way to turn the results off (a button or something). I am not certain if that's an issue or my fault, however, I post it here.

3) German localization of "Dead"

In the unlikely event of someone dying in a raid, the german nUI Version indicates the char to be "TOD". This translates to "DEATH". I am pretty shure that you would say "DEAD" in english - in german that would be "TOT". I agree that that's nothing of importance and for shure I will still sleep wonderful if you just leave it the way it is, however, if you want to change it...

Yours
HDBaer

05-31-09, 08:01 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by hdbaer View Post
Hi all,

first I want to say thank you for your amazing work.

3 little things:

1) DK Runes and button-integrated CD timers

I really like the button-integrated CD timers for my DK's rune based abilities (like icy touch, Scourge Strike, etc.).

As unholy DK Tank, I convert Blood Runes into "Death Runes" and use them to do Scourge Strike or Obliterate (both consume 1 frost and unholy rune, or death runes as a "joker" for one of them or even both).

I seems that the CD Timer on (for example) Scourge Strike ("SS") looks at frost and unholy runes only and does not include death runes. As a result, SS shows a x-sec cooldown (taken from frost and unholy rune status), but is activated as soon as the (converted) death rune is up.

In the case that this is not my fault, you may want to take a look at this.
Hmmm... I do update the cooldown list in every update frame, as in actually ask Bliz if the spell is on cooldown and how much time remains, so this *might* be a Bliz bug. However, I did make a couple of changes to the code this morning to see if they will help trap this situation. I'm not sure if it is fixed or not, we'll have to wait until some experienced death knights have played to tonight's update and see.

2) Ready Check Results stay visible

As Raid Leader (or assistant), the results of the last "Ready Check" (if thats the correct english phrase) remain on the raid members and cover important information (like HP). I found no way to turn the results off (a button or something). I am not certain if that's an issue or my fault, however, I post it here.
Which version of nUI+ are you running? This bug was introduced in 5.03.03 I believe and was fixed in 5.03.05 -- Are you running the most current development version?

3) German localization of "Dead"

In the unlikely event of someone dying in a raid, the german nUI Version indicates the char to be "TOD". This translates to "DEATH". I am pretty shure that you would say "DEAD" in english - in german that would be "TOT". I agree that that's nothing of importance and for shure I will still sleep wonderful if you just leave it the way it is, however, if you want to change it...

Yours
HDBaer
I've changed that in the localization file. So it will be in tonight's update. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-02-09, 01:03 PM   #3
hdbaer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
...I am using 5.03.04. I will download the latest Version and test it ASAP. As I am off site at the moment, I will be able to test the new Version on Friday.

Thanks a lot for you help!

Yours
Dirk

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » DK CD on rune based abilites, Ready-Check, German L10N