06-26-09, 09:26 AM   #1
dan080050
A Kobold Labourer

interface bug? help pleaes?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...406_060623.jpg

what causes this? it stops when i remove carbonite from my addons. all my drivers are up to date to, and i even removed wow from my computer and reinstalled but still no luck i don't want to reinstall the OS too. Please help

Last edited by dan080050 : 06-26-09 at 09:28 AM. Reason: trying to get a screenshot of what's happening

06-26-09, 03:38 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's GPU Artifacting, more than likely due to heat. Check to make sure your video card fan is spinning, use a can of air to dust it out. Also, be prepared to replace the video card.

Edit: I highly recommend posting that screenshot over on the tech support forum for another opinion, but I'm betting they'll tell you the same thing. (The techs are there Mon - Fri 8am to 8pm PDT, except national holidays.)

Last edited by Petrah : 06-26-09 at 03:45 PM.

06-27-09, 04:10 AM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
That's GPU Artifacting, more than likely due to heat. Check to make sure your video card fan is spinning, use a can of air to dust it out. Also, be prepared to replace the video card.

Edit: I highly recommend posting that screenshot over on the tech support forum for another opinion, but I'm betting they'll tell you the same thing. (The techs are there Mon - Fri 8am to 8pm PDT, except national holidays.)
I think you're probably right Silenia, but I was thinking that the whole display would be fudged, including the ui elements if it was the gpu.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-27-09, 03:16 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I would have to say Video Card is going as well. Usually when you see that (to that extent) there is no fix for the video card as the damage has already been done unfortunately.

The reasoning for the whole UI not getting messed up may be due to the fact that that the UI elements are 2D and not 3D polygons. But I could be wrong as it sure looks like a dying GPU to me.

As to why it does that only when Carb is installed me be because the additions GPU needed to run the fancy Carb map. But that's just speculation on my part.

What ever the issue I hope you get it resolved soon.

Good Luck

06-27-09, 07:44 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
I think you're probably right Silenia, but I was thinking that the whole display would be fudged, including the ui elements if it was the gpu.
It's the video card. Here's a site that the wow techs on the forum often refer to when people have screenshots like that one. There's some sample images if you scroll down some.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » interface bug? help pleaes?