07-28-09, 01:42 AM   #1
vlakarados
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
bought for addon?

is there an addon that shows the price, the Item was bought in the tooltip? from auction house, mailbox by c.o.d. or by trade? or maybe that allows me to enter some info about specific item?
07-28-09, 05:36 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only addon I have ever seen that made it possible is Engravings by Tekkub. With that addon you can put a note on any item you wish to.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ngravings.html
07-28-09, 02:46 PM   #3
vlakarados
An Aku'mai Servant

actually, that's not, what I really want. I want to have it bound to an item, not id. I mean a single stack of frostweave for example, not any other stack/piece.
07-28-09, 03:09 PM   #4
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by vlakarados View Post
actually, that's not, what I really want. I want to have it bound to an item, not id. I mean a single stack of frostweave for example, not any other stack/piece.
not possible.

for it to be possible means that all items & groups of items would have a unique ID when in the possession of someone.

As far as I know, the API doesn't provide this.
07-28-09, 03:36 PM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

If you really wanted to you could store the bagslot, but then again I don't see the point as it adds a extra layer of complexity when mucking about with tooltips.
07-28-09, 03:56 PM   #6
vlakarados
An Aku'mai Servant

yes, that's what I wanted to offer.

but it would be really nice for auctioneers
07-28-09, 05:02 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by vlakarados View Post
That is definitely impossible at current. But..... if you use Auctioneer, part of their package allows you to give a reason why you bought something, or it auto shows how much you paid for an item before, what you've sold one for before etc.

But even it has some limitations. Let's say for example you used the SearchUI within Auctioneer to buyout all the auctions that people posted below the vendor sell values. You end up buying 4 individual Jaggal Pearls. When you open your mail, you see 4 separate mails, each containing one pearl. You open them all, they stack in your bag, so 1 stack of 4. You mouseover them, tooltip will "not" show how much you paid per 1 or why you bought it. Shift click the stack and take 1 and put it on it's own, mouseover that stack of 1, correct tooltip info shows, when purchased, for how much and for why.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » bought for addon?