08-03-09, 08:05 AM   #1
timboking
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy carbonite download help

hi, i have the 3.13 version of carbonite and during gameplay i get a pop up on my screen saying "there us a new version of carbonite" and to please enter the site for the update. i have done all the instructions, but the update won't work. everytime i go back into wow and look at my carbonite it is still the same old version not the updated one am i doing something wrong?

i've extracted the carbonite file into my

C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

please help!

08-03-09, 05:03 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did the files extract correctly? Maybe they ended up in "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\carbonite-3.201\" instead of directly into the addons folder?

And you are getting it from here correct? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

08-04-09, 01:10 AM   #3
timboking
A Murloc Raider
i did what you said and extracted the files into the addon folder, but yet when i go on wow it's still the same version. yes it was from that site i don't know what the hell i'm doing wrong. i've followed the instructions from the site yet it still wont update.

08-04-09, 01:28 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Do you have the following three folders?

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteTransfer

08-05-09, 01:17 AM   #5
timboking
A Murloc Raider
yeah i have them but they show when the last time i updated it which was like in april. do i delete the old files?

08-05-09, 02:44 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

If they're from your April update, your latest download didn't extract correctly, or you placed them in the wrong directory. Try downloading and extracting again, and make sure the destination folder is World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns.

08-05-09, 04:24 PM   #7
vipergod21
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Same Issue

I am having the Same issue. I have deleted the old folders, reinstall the files several times, i redownloaded the files and reinstalled them several more times. No matter what i do, it still tells me that the carbonite version is 3.13. i check, double checked, and tripple checked the same damn thing every time. What am i missing?

*edit* I have even tried downloading older versions, or versions that i never upgraded to (or tried to upgrade to) and it still says 3.13 WTF!

08-05-09, 04:45 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
After deleting the Carbonite folders, is the addon no longer there when you log into the game? If it's still there, then you have two WoW directories. Right-click your shortcut to WoW, check its properties, and see where it points to.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-06-09, 02:38 AM   #9
timboking
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
After deleting the Carbonite folders, is the addon no longer there when you log into the game? If it's still there, then you have two WoW directories. Right-click your shortcut to WoW, check its properties, and see where it points to.

THIS REALLY HELPED ME A LOT!!! how can i make it into 1 file instead of 2? thank you for everyone who had the time to look/help me out with my problem =D <3

08-06-09, 04:56 AM   #10
hansunahnah
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy

HELP! I'm not really good with computers, but for some reason it wont let me delete the old carbonite files. It keeps coming up with an error message, saying make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. It's definately not in use. WoW is fully closed. But it still won't let me delete the old carbonite files
any ideas??

08-06-09, 10:04 AM   #11
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected.

What operating system are you using?

08-06-09, 12:56 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by hansunahnah View Post
HELP! I'm not really good with computers, but for some reason it wont let me delete the old carbonite files.
Files can get locked by a program not shutting down properly or something running that is referencing them.

A reboot will usually clear that up, so you can delete or move the files.

08-07-09, 12:16 AM   #13
Kory777
A Defias Bandit
Okay, I have ensured I do not have two WOW directories. I have deleted all old Carbonite add on folders and reinstalled. I have rebooted both game and computer. I'm positive my Carbonite folder is in the correct place. However, when I get to the character selection screen after downloading the new patch...I don't have an Add-on button in the bottom left. It just isn't there for me to choose which add-ons to allow. Any tips? Am I missing some really easy step in the game itself to allow add-ons?

08-07-09, 12:29 AM   #14
Jigain
A Molten Giant

That means that the game has no folders, other than standard Blizzard ones, in the AddOns folder.

Right-click your shortcut, select Properties, and look at the path. Then navigate to that path, and look in the AddOns folder to ensure Carbonite is in there, and that the three separate folders are named correctly - Carbonite, CarboniteNodes, and CarboniteTransfer.

08-07-09, 02:36 PM   #15
Kory777
A Defias Bandit
Checked that all Carbonite folders and files are correctly placed in the add-on folder and that this folder is in the location the shortcut properties points to. Any other ideas?

08-07-09, 04:20 PM   #16
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I know you said you have it installed correctly but would you mind posting the full path to Carbonite.lua so we can see it?

08-07-09, 04:40 PM   #17
Kory777
A Defias Bandit
C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3.210

The files are extracted into the folder correctly and inside Carbonite-3.210 I have...

Folders: Carbonite, CarboniteNodes, CarboniteTransfer
Files: CarboniteLicenseAgreement, CarboniteReadMe

I have checked the content of the sub folders with the basic troubleshooting problems from Carbonite and everything matches.

Edit: Wow...fixed the problem, I feel about a .05 on the intelligence scale. Thanks for your time/help

Last edited by Kory777 : 08-07-09 at 04:45 PM.

08-07-09, 04:55 PM   #18
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kory777 View Post
..snip..

Edit: Wow...fixed the problem, I feel about a .05 on the intelligence scale. Thanks for your time/help
Got it all installed into these now?

C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite
C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteTransfer
C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteNodes

You're not the first, nor the last that will do that, glad you have it all worked out now though

08-10-09, 03:24 AM   #19
stretchmo
A Kobold Labourer
Hi guys.

I'm new to the forum and hope I've posted in the correct thread?

My mate told me about this addon so I downloaded it and installed it. My problem is I have addons come up when I log into WOW but carbonite is not there?

I'm using Vista and I installed the file into C./users/public/games/WOW/interface/add ons.

I have one folder named Carbonite with 3 folders inside it called Carbonite, CarboniteNodes, CarboniteTransfer. Do I have to extract the folders individually? What am I doing wrong? Help me please.

08-10-09, 05:18 AM   #20
Jigain
A Molten Giant

You're currently having the following folders (or similar):

C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3.210/Carbonite
C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3.210/CarboniteTransfer
C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3.210/CarboniteNodes

You need to move the three Carbonite folders into your AddOns folder directly, so you'll have:

C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite
C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteTransfer
C:/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteNodes

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » carbonite download help