08-05-09, 03:28 PM   #1
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
deadly boss mods - error factory

Deadly boss mods has been nothing but an error factory today. But how in the world do you run raids without it? And yes, I UPDATED.
08-05-09, 08:22 PM   #2
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Deadly boss mods is not working period in Naxx tonight.
08-05-09, 08:33 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just to be clear, you say that you updated... Are you using 4.21 that was released today? http://www.deadlybossmods.com/
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-05-09, 09:27 PM   #4
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
But how in the world do you run raids without it?
Use BigWigs.

Period.
08-06-09, 02:22 AM   #5
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Our whole guild was updating dbm or trying to update it. And no one was getting anything new. I remember trying to use bigwigs once and was not impressed.
08-06-09, 04:22 AM   #6
Ariele
A Cyclonian

well ive been in naxx and im using BW didnt have any errors or problems. Half of the raid had BW other half DBM. Guess what the half with BW had to wait for the other part because dbm was fubar. So if you just dont want to use BW for a while then i guess dont raid until its fixed or do it without. There is nothing else you can do, if you really dont want to use other bossmods.
08-06-09, 04:24 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Farook View Post
Use BigWigs.

Period.
What Farook said.
08-06-09, 04:46 AM   #8
Republic
Paladin

Not for nothing, but I consider it a sad statement of the status of today's game and player quality when people can't even raid because a mod or two is unavailable or otherwise not functional.
08-06-09, 05:27 AM   #9
Verissi
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Not for nothing, but I consider it a sad statement of the status of today's game and player quality when people can't even raid because a mod or two is unavailable or otherwise not functional.
As a "before boss-mods existed" raider, I tend to agree, although I don't fault people for greatly desiring to have them working. I did fine tanking in Ulduar on Tuesday with a few of my more heavily-used addons not working -- and one causing some really interesting side-effects, like a wall of bars in the middle of my screen at one point. If you're attentive to the cues that the bosses give or are visually present, it's not as crippling as one might think to be without them.

Addons in general are handy, though, and I can see how people could grow to be reliant on them if they don't often have to go without. It's part of why I always spend PTR time with no addons enabled (other than my own, and only when I'm working on them). It's sometimes nice to sharpen the skills again with the default interface and see just how far it's come along since the early days.
08-06-09, 05:33 AM   #10
pirplepig
Oink!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Verissi View Post
It's sometimes nice to sharpen the skills again with the default interface and see just how far it's come along since the early days.
All I know is the default unit frames look like "S".
08-06-09, 06:17 AM   #11
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Nice to know that some view gaming as only for the elite, high functioning, lightning fast reflexed kids. Not eveyone who plays wow is a teen and not everyone has lightning relfexes. An amazing number of people with very real physical disabilities are able to play wow effectively for the most part with mods.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » deadly boss mods - error factory