12-09-09, 01:46 PM   #1
asdf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Addon for LDB Display

I use NinjaPanel for my LDB panel display, it works well enough.

However, my one gripe is that I have quite a few addons, and with Fubar I could hide the text next to the icons of all my mods to save space.

Not so with NinjaPanel. For example, my "GroupFu" clone mod will always display the loot method written out ("Need Before Greed," "Master Looter," etc.), taking up way too much space and making other mods overlap between the left and right edges.

I also tried to get a calendar LDB mod so that I could see upcoming guild events with a simple mouseover and tooltip check, but it constantly wrote "Stranglethorn Vale Fishing Contest" out on my bar, or other long, useless events that I didn't want to see or waste the space on.

Is there a different LDB Display Bar mod out there that can hide all this text? If so, which one?
12-09-09, 01:52 PM   #2
Sec
A Cyclonian

DockingStation can let you show or hide LDB labels, tooltips, et cetera. Give it a shot - lots of customization.

I use Arcana's Calendar Broker, too. Doesn't display long text.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...darBroker.html

I modified my copy to simply say "Nil" if there are no events. If there are events, it will resemble moreso the screenshot example, though I again shortened the text for personal preference. ^^"
12-09-09, 01:56 PM   #3
mitch0
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Another highly configurable bar-style display is Bazooka. Give it a shot.

(the docs on wowi might be a bit outdated, check over at its home on wowace for slightly more up-to-date docs)

cheers,
mitch
12-09-09, 01:58 PM   #4
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CargoShip is awesome, though not terribly friendly. However, it'll let you customize your LDB stuff like crazy.
12-09-09, 02:27 PM   #5
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Just started using Fortress and I also suggest Yss Drop if you don't have it. The linking of boxes took me a sec to figure out but it works great.
12-09-09, 02:29 PM   #6
asdf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
DockingStation can let you show or hide LDB labels, tooltips, et cetera. Give it a shot - lots of customization.

I use Arcana's Calendar Broker, too. Doesn't display long text.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...darBroker.html

I modified my copy to simply say "Nil" if there are no events. If there are events, it will resemble moreso the screenshot example, though I again shortened the text for personal preference. ^^"
DockingStation is working out amazingly, thank you for that!

I can finally hide the text of Broker_EquipSwitch, Broker Group, and Broker PVP. YES!

Thanks for all the other replies as well, but the DockingStation suggestion was first, so I went with that.

----------

Originally Posted by nickyjean View Post
I also suggest Yss Drop if you don't have it.
Is there a mod like that on WoWInterface? I dislike downloading from Curse because they disable automatic updating with WUU.

It seems really useful though, I definitely have a lot of LDB icons that I rarely use, and could benefit from hiding them (Prat, Bartender, etc).

Last edited by asdf : 12-09-09 at 02:48 PM.
12-09-09, 03:14 PM   #7
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
not that I've ever seen. I admit I spend more times on addons at times then I do in the game. But as long as it stays fun for me I don't mind much. You may want to request the author to add it here. Maybe you'll get lucky.
12-09-09, 04:07 PM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

MakeRocketGoNow does something similar to YssDrop.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cketGoNow.html
12-09-09, 07:02 PM   #9
Sec
A Cyclonian

DockingStation is working out amazingly, thank you for that!
I'm glad you like it. I'm so glad that there are plenty of different LDB addons, too.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon for LDB Display