12-11-09, 03:59 PM   #1
Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Big/Little Map

Is there a hotkey or way to switch Carbonite back and forth from a large "regular" map version, to a small version that sits on the side of the screen, more akin to a minimap?

12-11-09, 04:03 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
By default is takes over the normal M key that is used to open the Blizzard world map and makes theirs use Alt-M.

12-11-09, 04:06 PM   #3
Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Right, but I don't care about the default map... I'm talking about a hotkey to shrink the Carbonite map into a small one on the side of the screen, and then make it big again... basically so it's out of the way, but I can still see it... like it shows in the gathering demo video.

12-11-09, 04:08 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm talking about Carbonite's default behavior, which is to use the M key to toggle between normal size and maximized size. Esc key will also return a maximized Carb map to normal size.

12-11-09, 04:13 PM   #5
Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hrm, well I can't get it to behave like that, maybe I need to reset Carbonite back to defaults and play with it more...

12-12-09, 12:31 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Could be an addon conflict. Try it with only Carbonite loaded.

12-15-09, 09:20 AM   #7
relbanan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can you lock carbonite to one or the other map windows? I play on multiple monitors, so I always have the map open; I resized both windows to be the same size, but for some reason my vehicle controls are on top of one of the maps (normal?) but under the other one (maximized?) I just want to lock it to the normal map, is that doable?

12-16-09, 03:08 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I also always have the map open in the top right corner of the screen. It is the same map window, it just gets resized when you maximize it.

Try right clicking the map border and lowering the layer slider on the maximized map.

12-16-09, 04:43 PM   #9
relbanan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The layer slider is at 1 for both. I'm in wintergrasp right now and just checked on a siege - on one map I can see the eject control, on the other I can't.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Big/Little Map