01-23-10, 03:24 AM   #1
derelicte
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest Drops on Map not displayed?

Hi, everyone.

A fresh install of Carbonite doesn't show any quest drops. They're basically the quests that are either drops, or quests you don't have (right?). It should display and looks like a tiny parchment.

Any ideas, anyone?

I assume this has to do with the fact that I may have skipped gathering quest completion data, but I can't find where to reimport it, if that does have to do with it...

EDIT - A clean saved variables folder didn't help.

Last edited by derelicte : 01-23-10 at 04:07 AM.

01-23-10, 05:03 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
Hi, everyone.

A fresh install of Carbonite doesn't show any quest drops. They're basically the quests that are either drops, or quests you don't have (right?). It should display and looks like a tiny parchment.

Any ideas, anyone?

I assume this has to do with the fact that I may have skipped gathering quest completion data, but I can't find where to reimport it, if that does have to do with it...

EDIT - A clean saved variables folder didn't help.
As far as I know, even Blizzard doesn't show anything for quest drops from mobs or creatures. That is until you pick it up and accept it. Then it will show you the completion point. Carbonite will also show you the area the quest is in just like normal after accepting it.

If your quest "givers" aren't showing on your map (the small parchment icons) make sure the third radio button from the left is bright yellow on the Quest Watch header. Dull yellow = no quest givers shown, bright yellow = regular (or maybe all) quest givers shown, and blue = daily quest givers shown.

I believe Carbonite only does this one time now (but, I could be wrong), but just to make sure: Open Carbonite's options and go to the "Quest" page. Make sure there is a check in the "Update completed quest history on log in (gets from server)" check box.

01-23-10, 06:13 PM   #3
derelicte
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
As far as I know, even Blizzard doesn't show anything for quest drops from mobs or creatures. That is until you pick it up and accept it. Then it will show you the completion point. Carbonite will also show you the area the quest is in just like normal after accepting it.

If your quest "givers" aren't showing on your map (the small parchment icons) make sure the third radio button from the left is bright yellow on the Quest Watch header. Dull yellow = no quest givers shown, bright yellow = regular (or maybe all) quest givers shown, and blue = daily quest givers shown.

I believe Carbonite only does this one time now (but, I could be wrong), but just to make sure: Open Carbonite's options and go to the "Quest" page. Make sure there is a check in the "Update completed quest history on log in (gets from server)" check box.
jeffy162,

I don't mean tracking quests you took. I did mean quest givers. You are correct, it's the third circle on the quest tracking minion. I guess I never noticed it and had it disabled

Thanks a lot. It doesn't appear to be a bug (but a large box asking if you want it on your character when you initialize the first time would make people more aware of it, as I was looking in options when it was a tiny circle the whole time)

01-23-10, 09:02 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
jeffy162,

I don't mean tracking quests you took. I did mean quest givers. You are correct, it's the third circle on the quest tracking minion. I guess I never noticed it and had it disabled

Thanks a lot. It doesn't appear to be a bug (but a large box asking if you want it on your character when you initialize the first time would make people more aware of it, as I was looking in options when it was a tiny circle the whole time)
You're quite welcome.

Some addons come with a "ReadMe" text file and Carbonite is such an addon. If you navigate to your "AddOns" folder in your World of Warcraft folder, and find the "Carbonite" folder, open it and look for the "CarboniteReadMe.txt" file. You can open it with Notepad, or any text program you wish. There are, for some reason, a few things about Carbonite in there that don't appear anywhere in any of the option dialogs. The explanation about the buttons on the Quest Watch window header is one such item. Be sure to read the whole thing, or, at least the parts after the installation guide.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Drops on Map not displayed?