06-27-10, 08:07 AM   #1
Shango3535
A Defias Bandit
Centering on my position?

I have the Option "Follow You" enabled but it doesn't seem to do anything. I want to have the map center on my position. I'm always having a problem finding myself on the map!

06-28-10, 09:11 AM   #2
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
First thing, make sure your mouse isn't on the carbonite map. If it is, the carbonite map will not move (it will expect you to click and move it). If your mouse is off of the map it should move to your location once you make the slightest of movements in character (forward/backwards/strafe).

Let me know if this helps or not.

06-28-10, 04:13 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You may also have to uncheck the Auto Scale option when you mouseover the map. It's the little checkbox in the upper right area. If I recall correctly, when that is turned on and you are tracking a quest, the map will zoom out to fit both you and your destination, which could lead to some searching around to find yourself.

07-02-10, 09:05 AM   #4
Shango3535
A Defias Bandit
Ok maybe I'm not explaining myself enough. I'm talking about the big map when you hit the 'M' key. Not the mini-map.

When I have the big map up, I have a hard time finding my little itty-bitty cursor that shows where I am on the map. This is a major pain in the ass and I feel like I should win some sort of award for finding myself once I do.

So again... Is there some feature that will automatically zoom in on where the heck I am on the BIG map. Cartographer had this and it was great. I miss that so much in this addon! Thanks.

07-02-10, 11:45 PM   #5
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Shango3535 View Post
Ok maybe I'm not explaining myself enough. I'm talking about the big map when you hit the 'M' key. Not the mini-map.

When I have the big map up, I have a hard time finding my little itty-bitty cursor that shows where I am on the map. This is a major pain in the ass and I feel like I should win some sort of award for finding myself once I do.

So again... Is there some feature that will automatically zoom in on where the heck I am on the BIG map. Cartographer had this and it was great. I miss that so much in this addon! Thanks.
If you click the middle mouse button, it will automatically center the view to where you are on the map.

Also, would you happen to be holding down the shift key while you're looking at the map? That would explain why it's hard for you to find the arrow which represents you.

Holding shift makes the arrow extremely tiny. I mean, microscopic tiny..

07-03-10, 11:53 AM   #6
Shango3535
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Blu_Haze View Post
If you click the middle mouse button, it will automatically center the view to where you are on the map.

Also, would you happen to be holding down the shift key while you're looking at the map? That would explain why it's hard for you to find the arrow which represents you.

Holding shift makes the arrow extremely tiny. I mean, microscopic tiny..
What if I don't have a middle mouse button? And I don't have the shift key pressed. My cursor is still very small though.

07-05-10, 03:08 PM   #7
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
First...

Under Carbonite > Options > Map

Adjust the player Arrow size (this will probably also adjust the minimap size) by typing in the new size you want to see.

ALSO... have you thought about adding the Carbonite Movement Trail?

Look for the checkbox of "Show Player Movement Trail" (just above the arrow size) and adjust the numbers to what you want.. This way, as you move you'll see new red dots on the map, making it easier to spot which area you're in.

Hope this helps!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Centering on my position?