01-21-06, 02:53 PM   #1
tallboy
A Murloc Raider
DAB Action ID problems

Using version 3.1b (since upgraded to 3.1d).

I recently deleted all of my addons and saved settings in an effort to clean out some of the cruft, and correct some issues wih mis-positioned frames.

After having done that, I started setting up DAB from scratch. Every thing was going quite fine until I decided to log out and get some lunch. When I logged back on I noticed that several of my buttons were changed.

Upon further investigation I found that for some reason buttons 1, 39, and 119 all now shared Action ID 1 (There are several other sets of buttons that seem to have strange action IDs as well...). Given that I have never needed or wanted to mess with any button's Action ID, I am quite confused as to how they ended up in this state, I am equally confused as to how to rectify this sad state of affairs, short of deleteing everything again, starting over, and hoping against reason that this does not happen again...

Any suggestions or thoughts would be most welcome.

-tallboy
01-21-06, 03:05 PM   #2
tallboy
A Murloc Raider
Some further information...

I have found that I can cause all sorts of Action ID confusion in my bars by manipulating the number of buttons per bar in 'Button Layout' section.

For example, I removed buttons 117,118, and 119 from bar 10 then added them back. Prior to removing they had the Action IDs a98, a99, and a1 (of course 119 was already horked). After readding them they have the Action IDs a5, a7, and a9. If I do the same thing again, the IDs shift to a11, a13, and a15...

-tallboy
01-21-06, 03:10 PM   #3
tallboy
A Murloc Raider
I did manage to suss out where to reset the Action IDs (There is a tab in the 'Button Layout' section) so I able to go in and manually reconfigure all of my horked Action IDs. Though I am still concerned about what causes this issue in the first place...

Hope everyone enjoyed watching me sort this in relatively short order on my own... Perhaps next time I will do a bit more leg work before posting eh?

-tallboy

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DAB Action ID problems