01-05-11, 06:00 PM   #1
ryan odets
Premium Member
Gathering sound

Im not sure if it is possible to do this or not.

Or if it has been done and nuked by Blizz.

But while herbing or mining I always will miss a couple herbs/nodes and hour because im watching where Im going instead of the minimap. SO is it possible to create a mod that will play a sound byte if your minimap is showing a gathering node dot?
01-05-11, 06:04 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Nope. Addons have no access to that part of the minimap. Blizzard does not wish them to, as it would lead to botting.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-05-11, 07:36 PM   #3
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Recently there was an addon that would pop up an arrow pointing you to the nearest herb / node if it was detected on your minimap ( not sure how it worked ) . Shouldn't be too hard to add sound to that
01-05-11, 07:50 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It probably worked with Gatherer or a similar addon, pointing to where a node *might* be, based on the icon (not the yellow dot) appearing on your minimap.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-05-11, 07:54 PM   #5
Poreo
Yea I was a little confused as to how it work and I'm sure it has dependencies on some gathering addon. Well time to take advantage of the Feature Request feature for the OP

Now if I can find it
01-09-11, 09:04 PM   #6
Poreo
Found it, it's called Bloodhound and you can find it on Curseforge

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/bloodhound/

Doesn't seem to have any dependencies :/ Now I am REALLY confused as to how this works
01-09-11, 11:42 PM   #7
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I took a look at the code. It works like gatherer. When you mine a node it records the location and stores it in the oredatabase.lua file. When you go back and are near a node you have farmed before it will point you in that direction.

It looks like it groups together nodes that were found in the same general area and uses math to show the "pull" as greater to those area's based on the fact you have found more ore,herb... in that area.
01-10-11, 09:59 AM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

It also modifies the "pull" of an area by time since you last mined anything in that area.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Gathering sound