04-29-11, 07:34 PM   #1
trypindiculus
A Defias Bandit

help with new carbonite update

Newbie here, having a little trouble with the latest carbonite update.

I have extracted the files into where my addons are, but in the addon screen it is telling me that Carbonite is out of date. I have downloaded and installed the new beta version but when I log into my character, Carbonite will not load up and still seems to be out of date. Not sure why this is happening, any suggestions?

04-29-11, 07:43 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you manually delete the Carbonite folders in your "AddOns" folder before you put the new ones in there? Sometimes overwriting the old files causes problems. Try deleting all of the Carbonite folders first, then installing the Beta again. See if that helps.

04-29-11, 07:54 PM   #3
trypindiculus
A Defias Bandit

Hmm, let me try that. I thought I had deleted all the old files but it seems I had missed a couple. Hopefully this works, if not I'll have to wait until the finished product.

EDIT:

Nope, still not working even though I deleted and reinstalled. :\

EDIT2:

Got it working now! Found the problem folders and removed them and installed. Thank you for your help Jeffy C:

Last edited by trypindiculus : 04-29-11 at 07:59 PM. Reason: new info

04-29-11, 10:50 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

05-03-11, 04:41 PM   #5
Dregaz
A Kobold Labourer
so what were the problem folders? cause i have deleted all old folders and still can't get carbonite to work at all...

Dregaz

Dragonblight

05-03-11, 09:02 PM   #6
metalman54
A Kobold Labourer
carbonite update

whenever you download the Carbonite update you have to do this>> Extract all files.Then click on " open wow file location " then drag & drop each one to the " interface " Then go into the interface,there should be 6 things to put into the "Addons" Then click on " move & replace " afterwords click on " Addons " to check to make sure they are there.Also try deleting the WTF,Cache, & Interface.Hope this helps.

05-03-11, 10:03 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dregaz View Post
so what were the problem folders? cause i have deleted all old folders and still can't get carbonite to work at all...

Dregaz

Dragonblight
1) Is Carbonite showing up in your "AddOns" window on the character selection screen?

2) When you enter the "world", do you see the Carbonite splash near the top center of your screen?

3) Do you have the Carbonite 4.1 beta 1 installed? If you do not, please visit the Carbonite homepage (it's the only place you can get the Beta). Once there, click on the "Download" link, and on the download page, scroll to the bottom and click on the "Carbonite 4.1 beta 1" link to download it. Install as usual for a manual install.

There is usually no need to delete the WTF (this is where all of your addon settings, along with your account settings, are stored), Cache (things you've run across playing WoW), or the Interface (this is where your addons are at) folders. That's an extreme attempt to fix something that Blizzard usually tells you to do if there is a problem and you contact them about it. I'm not saying it absolutely never, ever, helped anyone, but it hasn't helped me solve an addon problem yet.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-03-11 at 10:12 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » help with new carbonite update