07-30-11, 12:52 PM   #1
Shinodin
A Defias Bandit
Two ui's for Two diff toons --HOW?

I have my Prot pally using one ui for tanking/pvp and I want to use Aliena's UI for my priest healing. Now besides removing the interface and wtf folders each time is there a way to swap back and forth between the two ui's when I switch to my priest? I have used reflux in a ui compilation a while back but it only was switching from a tanking layout to a dps on but within the same ui pack. Can I install REFLUX and set it up where I can type Reflux switch Priest and that ui comes up and vice versa. My Pally ui is Towellies' LUI set up. Would I have to reset everything back up everytime I switched.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J.
07-30-11, 01:17 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Go to your addon manager at the character select screen and enable/disable each one per character. Just look for the "AddOns" button at the lower-left corner.
07-30-11, 01:23 PM   #3
Shinodin
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Go to your addon manager at the character select screen and enable/disable each one per character. Just look for the "AddOns" button at the lower-left corner.
I appreciate the response, but maybe I wasnt completely clear. I understand that will would be some addons that would be in BOTH ui's but they are completely different compilations, so the layout and panels and bars are not the same.
08-01-11, 02:39 PM   #4
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

If you had extra hardrive space, and you didnt care about swapping wow to use another toon. You could have to separate wow folders with individual ui's
08-01-11, 02:45 PM   #5
Nallepuh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just DL addon control panel and use it for your toons!
08-01-11, 04:00 PM   #6
WayfarerOmega
A Murloc Raider
I take it there is some overlap between addons for the two characters. Do those addons support profiles? If so set up one profile for your paladin and another for your priest.
08-01-11, 05:35 PM   #7
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I would suggest mklink, just a thought.
08-02-11, 03:17 AM   #8
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
RDX

RDX is a single addon.
RDX is a multi user interface addon.

When you install RDX, you install 10 UI, you choose which UI to use for each of your character.

See the Themes List in the following link :
http://www.wowrdx.com/en/projects-featured

08-04-11, 11:45 PM   #9
Lleztrah
A Kobold Labourer
I don't think you need another addon to do what you want. If I'm understanding you correctly you can easily do this from the addons button on your character selection window.

Click the addons button in the lower left corner of the character selection screen. In the top left corner of the window that opens it says "configure addons for:" and then there is a drop down menu. Pick which characters use which addons. My healer uses addons that are healer specific, my dk uses addons specific to dks. When I want to play with a new UI I'll turn it on for just one of my toons so that I haven't messed up all my toons layouts if I end up not liking the UI. No new addons to mess with and no having to clear out your cache everytime you switch toons.
08-05-11, 09:11 AM   #10
Taryble
A Molten Giant

With two pre-made UI's, there are complex issues with using them on different characters - namely, the fact that you need both original sets of lua files from the WTF folders.

One of the more reasonable methods involves using two WTF folders and swapping them out. Other reasonable methods involve creating a sandbox installation - giving yourself another copy of WoW, without duplicating the game's 25+ GB hard drive requirements.

There are "unreasonable" methods of doing this that are far more complicated, however, and they pretty much assume you're an experienced geek and don't mind having to work on lots of fiddly little details. :P

Well, only 1 that I can think of offhand.

It involves first installing one of the two UI's, as well as Reflux. Then you set up Reflux to emulate profiles for every single addon (in BOTH UI's!) that doesn't adhere to a per-character database. Then you specifically tell Reflux to snapshot your current setup to a new profile name - UI1 or DPSUI or something. After that, quit WoW to the desktop.

Then you take all the files from the WTF folder in the 2nd UI, and make them load as an addon with a name like "zzzzzzzzzzz_wtf", just to make sure it loads dead last. This will set all the addons to the profiles from the second ui. Now, snapshot your current setup to another new profile - "UI2" or "TankUI" or whatever you wanna call it. Now, quit out of WoW and delete the "zzzzzzzzzz_wtf" addon.

It SHOULD work, at least in theory, by using profiles (and Reflux's profile emulation) to do it - but it's a GIGANTIC pain in the ass. Also, the 2 paragraph explanation above is just an outline - there's a significant amount of details I didn't cover. And no, I'm not going into more detail - the amount of ui-pack specific "fiddly bits" involved makes me shudder.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Two ui's for Two diff toons --HOW?