07-30-11, 09:25 PM   #1
troci
A Defias Bandit
battle.net acc with Ui's

i have recently starting playing WoW again, i came on here and wanted to download some UI's i used to use but i have to enter my battle.net acc in the WTF folder and it does not seem to work, am i doing somthing wrong or ? i know i used to just enter my account name in capitals but now i just have the battle.net account im not sure how to get it to work
07-30-11, 10:09 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here's a trick to get the folder name it wants... go into your WTF folder, move the Account folder somewhere else on your computer (desktop is fine, just to have a backup). Start up WoW and log in to any character. Log back out and go into the newly created WTF/Account folder. There should be a folder in there with the account name you need. The account name it wants is an internal name for your WoW account and not your Battle.net master account.

Edit: Here's an attached image of a fake account management page to demonstrate another place to find your internal WoW account name.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 09-23-12 at 04:31 PM.
07-30-11, 11:39 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If your account has an actual name that you gave it before assigning it to a battle.net umbrella account, then this is the one that you need to use.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-31-11, 12:53 AM   #4
troci
A Defias Bandit
did what you said and it worked like it used too SDphantom

Thanks heaps

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » battle.net acc with Ui's