08-03-11, 04:57 AM   #1
Siigari
A Murloc Raider
Need a condition in a Power Aura config

Hey everyone. I'm working on some auras to display when my shadow priest dots are on targets. So far I've got them all worked out, except for Devouring Plague.

With Devouring Plague, you can only have it on one target at a time. I am using little green checkboxes to denote that the spell is active on the target, and red Xs to denote that a spell isn't active. However with Devouring Plague, because it should only be cast on one active target at a time, I'm trying to make it so if it is currently active on a target that is not the currently selected target, it displays a blue circle instead of a red X.

I don't know how to make that condition in Power Aura.

Help?

Last edited by Siigari : 08-03-11 at 05:13 AM.
08-03-11, 06:08 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not possible at the moment.

You can "fake" it by tying up focus but I don't think that's optimal.

To start you on the right path if you do decide to tackle it, what I mean is that you change your devouring plague button/keybind to point to a macro:
Code:
#showtooltip
/focus [exists,harm,nodead]
/cast [@focus][] Devouring Plague
This will first store your current target in focus and then cast Devouring Plague on it.
You could then make 2 complementary auras:
One that checks for Devouring Plague on your current target and shows the green checkbox.
One that checks for Devouring Plague on focus and shows the blue circle.
Note that if your focus and current target are the same both graphics will show, so you will have to overlay them in a smart way (maybe the checkbox inside the blue circle?)

Like I said this is not exactly optimal as it will tie up your /focus which you might want to use for other things,
but is the only way to get close to that functionality with Power Auras.

To explain Power Auras tracks buffs/debuffs etc by valid unitIDs ("player", "target", "pet", "focus", "raid1", "party2" etc)
and mobs that are not your current target or focus do not have such a persistent unitID.
08-03-11, 03:06 PM   #3
Siigari
A Murloc Raider
Okay, using your trick I got it. Fortunately it does not cross the X and the O because I don't have a check for on current target without not being on focus. So all that means is it won't show a red X if it isn't cast on anything yet, meaning that if it isn't showing a red X I know it isn't cast. But that should be at the start of combat.

Anyway, it works! Do you have a character I can send them to to show you? Oh, I can just do this ;D They show along the bottom of the screen.

Set=Shadow Priest@

Aura[12]=Version:4.21; anim1:4; target:true; icon:Spell_Shadow_ShadowWordPain; buffname:Shadow Word: Pain; begin:1; x:-217; bufftype:2; texture:78; alpha:1; mine:true; speed:2; size:0.13; y:-523; anim2:5; finish:2; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.h:0.89; timer.Texture:Crystal; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER@
Aura[13]=Version:4.21; anim1:4; target:true; icon:Spell_Shadow_ShadowWordPain; buffname:Shadow Word: Pain; begin:1; x:-217; bufftype:2; texture:118; alpha:1; mine:true; speed:0.34; size:0.13; y:-523; inverse:true; anim2:6; finish:2@
Aura[14]=Version:4.21; anim1:4; target:true; icon:Spell_Shadow_DevouringPlague; buffname:Devouring Plague; begin:1; x:-177; bufftype:2; texture:78; alpha:1; mine:true; speed:2; size:0.13; y:-523; anim2:5; finish:2; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.h:0.89; timer.Texture:Crystal; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER@
Aura[15]=Version:4.21; anim1:4; target:true; icon:Spell_Shadow_DevouringPlague; buffname:Devouring Plague; begin:1; x:-177; bufftype:2; texture:118; alpha:1; mine:true; multiids:!16; speed:0.38; size:0.13; y:-523; inverse:true; anim2:6; finish:2@
Aura[16]=Version:4.21; anim1:4; icon:Spell_Shadow_DevouringPlague; buffname:Devouring Plague; begin:1; x:-177; bufftype:2; focus:true; texture:141; alpha:1; mine:true; multiids:!14; speed:0.96; size:0.13; y:-523; anim2:11; finish:2; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.h:0.89; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER@
Aura[17]=Version:4.21; anim1:4; target:true; icon:Spell_Holy_Stoicism; buffname:Vampiric Touch; begin:1; x:-137; bufftype:2; texture:78; alpha:1; mine:true; speed:2; size:0.13; y:-523; anim2:5; finish:2; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.h:0.89; timer.Texture:Crystal; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER@
Aura[18]=Version:4.21; anim1:4; target:true; icon:Spell_Holy_Stoicism; buffname:Vampiric Touch; begin:1; x:-137; bufftype:2; texture:118; alpha:1; mine:true; speed:0.3; size:0.13; y:-523; inverse:true; anim2:6; finish:2@

Last edited by Siigari : 08-03-11 at 03:10 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need a condition in a Power Aura config