08-23-11, 04:32 PM   #1
Tykron
A Kobold Labourer
Lua error when i downloaded spell flash/spell flash death knight

Hello, I just found out about the addon called spell flash, and its awesome. I found one on curse.com for my death knight, and i downloaded spell flash + the spell flash for death knights.

Ive been trying for so long to get it to work, but its just not doing anything when i go into the options by typing /spell flash. i set everything up, but the selected class module isnt showing death knight, or any for that matter. I also keep getting this annoying Lua error with it.. someone plz help! heres the error im getting..

8x SpellFlash-5.100.2\WotLK_SpellFlash.lua:393: attempt to index global 'SpellFlashAddonOptionsFrame_FlashSizePercent' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnTextChanged":1: in function <[string "*:OnTextChanged"]:1>

nil

Locals:
self = SpellFlashAddonOptionsFrameFlashSizePercent {
0 = <userdata>
}
userInput = false

4x Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:866: attempt to index local 'frame' (a nil value):
SpellFlash-5.100.2\WotLK_SpellFlash.lua:386: in function `OpenToClassCategory'
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

nil

Locals:
(*temporary) = <table> {
SpellFlash: Death Knight |cff808080(SpellFlash_DeathKnight)|r = "SpellFlash_DeathKnight"
}
CLASSMODULES_ADDONNAMES = <table> {
SpellFlash: Death Knight |cff808080(SpellFlash_DeathKnight)|r = "SpellFlash_DeathKnight"
}

1x BugSack-5.0-alpha\sack.lua:374: attempt to index local 'eo' (a nil value)

nil

Locals:
08-23-11, 05:27 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you downloaded the SpellFlash addon here on WoWInterface, you have a version that's over a year out of date and probably does not work; you should go download it from Curse.

If you downloaded it on Curse, you should probably read the bullet points at the top of the download page and follow the instructions for reporting your problem to the addon's author; since the addon is not hosted here, it's unlikely the addon author reads these forums.

• Please create a ticket for bugs and suggestions here.
If the error only occurs when the Death Knight module is also enabled, you should report the problem to the author of the Death Knight module instead:

If you have suggestions or change requests, please feel free to locate this module on curseforge.com and enter a ticket or comment.
08-23-11, 05:50 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Spell Flash works fine for me. Do you have the proper modules enabled in the addons window? You must have at least "SpellFlash", "SpellFlashCore", and your class module, which in this case is "SpellFlash_DeathKnight" enabled.

The only thing I can suggest is to manually delete the SpellFlash addon and at least the DK module from your AddOns folder, then download and install everything fresh. You should probably go to your
"Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and manually delete the four SpellFlash files there, also. They are: "SpellFlash.lua", "SpellFlash.lua.bak", "SpellFlashCore.lua" and "SpellFlashCore.lua.bak". That way you will have a completely fresh install. There shouldn't be any lingering traces hanging around to cause any problems after that.

EDIT: Phanx, your post sounds a lot more likely than mine, but I'm going to let this drivel here anyway. You never know, it might actually serve some purpose........ Eventually. 8^) /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-23-11 at 05:55 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lua error when i downloaded spell flash/spell flash death knight