08-29-11, 01:30 PM   #1
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
KgPanels only showing when Target

Hey guys! just a quick question (once again)
I made some custom borders for my target frames with Kgpanels. Is there a way to make it so that the borders for my target only shows whenver i have a target?
If not, it will leave an empty border hovering in empty space whenever i donth have a target.

hope you understand what i mean and thanks in advance!
08-29-11, 01:37 PM   #2
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Virro View Post
Hey guys! just a quick question (once again)
I made some custom borders for my target frames with Kgpanels. Is there a way to make it so that the borders for my target only shows whenver i have a target?
If not, it will leave an empty border hovering in empty space whenever i donth have a target.

hope you understand what i mean and thanks in advance!
You need to make your target unitframe the Parent of the panel!

First, you need to know the name of the target unitframe. Start off by targeting yourself, then type /fstack in the chat. A tooltip will appear which shows the name of stuff ingame that you hover with your mouse. If you are using Pitbull4 the name of your targetframe should be something like "Pit4Target", roughly.

Well, once you've got the name you head into your KgPanel config. Select the panel you want to show/hide along with your target frame, and, this is the part I'm not sure, but I THINK the option to set a Parent Frame is at the bottom of the firs screen when you enter a specific panels options. I think so, but I'm not sure. However, if you look around you will surely find it rather quick. When you find it, enter the name of your target unitframe and you're done.

This is roughly how it's done, it's been a while since I had KgPanels installed Hope it helped!
08-29-11, 02:11 PM   #3
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
There is one called Parent Frame and Anchor Frame. Do i need the Anchor frame for something aswell?
08-29-11, 02:16 PM   #4
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
Apparently i did. Because its working now! thanks a bunch mate
08-29-11, 03:10 PM   #5
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No problems, glad to help!

IIRC, anchoring a panel to something else does just that - anchor it. Lets say you anchor a panel to Recount. Then, if you drag Recount around, the panel will follow.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » KgPanels only showing when Target