08-31-11, 09:19 AM   #1
LeXs
A Defias Bandit
ForteXorcist doesn't save...

Hello everyone, I'm having a problem getting ForteXocist to save certain settings. The settings I'm trying to save is the Player and Target Basics option under Spell Timer tab that is shaded brown, when I unchecked the Enable option again under Player and Target and logout they seem to go back to default which the Basic option which is Enabled checked. I have the latest ForteXocist and also uninstalled and reinstalled this addon. My toon is also a Rogue if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance...
08-31-11, 09:40 AM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Hi there,

If only these options are not being saved, but the others are, I would contact the addon author. If no settings are being saved at all, please right-click your WTF folder (in your World of Warcraft install) and select 'Properties' (PC) or 'Get Info' (Mac) and make sure you have read and write permissions.
08-31-11, 11:20 AM   #3
Xus
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by LeXs View Post
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem getting ForteXocist to save certain settings. The settings I'm trying to save is the Player and Target Basics option under Spell Timer tab that is shaded brown, when I unchecked the Enable option again under Player and Target and logout they seem to go back to default which the Basic option which is Enabled checked. I have the latest ForteXocist and also uninstalled and reinstalled this addon. My toon is also a Rogue if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance...
I can think of two possible reasons:
1. That the option is shaded brown means that you have that option linked across different Spell Timer clones (maybe unintentionally?). This means that when you enable/disable one of the clones, the other one(s) will be enabled/disabled too. If this is the problem, please take a look at this FAQ.
2. If you are using LUI it controls what clones are on/off (and will check this on load). Go to the ForteXorcist settings in the LUI config to enable the clones you want to use.

Let me know if it's any of these two.
08-31-11, 12:08 PM   #4
LeXs
A Defias Bandit
Thank you so much... the second option did the trick. Thanks also for the quick reply also... you guys are great.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » ForteXorcist doesn't save...