09-01-11, 05:23 PM   #1
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
kgpanels mass import script

shared media has a nice .bat file

MyMedia.bat.txt

that essentially creates entrys for your "sharedmedia_mymedia" folder,

you slam in all your art into the borders and backround folders, hit the script and you have a sharedmedia_mymedia addon that holds all your art.

the same concept is used by kgpanels however there is no script like this to automate the art entrys, could anyone kindly convert the script to work with kgpanels?

basicly all it does is take the name of the file use that as its name in the entry, and then just fill out the rest according to what folder the art was in. borders folder or backround folder. I have like thousands of art i would like to import. Thanks.
09-01-11, 08:07 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
kgPanels can use the art from SharedMedia, et al. It will automatically be listed in the dropdown menus for those options. You don't need to have kgPanels manage it in its art library.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-03-11, 02:31 AM   #3
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
kgPanels can use the art from SharedMedia, et al. It will automatically be listed in the dropdown menus for those options. You don't need to have kgPanels manage it in its art library.
so it did, functionally the texture select box didn't like having 1k entry's and eventually i get dced :/. So i guess ill just have to view the art externally and and use my imagination, bah. Thanks anyway tho =).
09-03-11, 12:16 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah.... "thousands" isn't a good idea.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-03-11, 02:15 PM   #5
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
On a not so off topic, weak auras does not seem to have a primary texture import, it does take bars and fonts from shared media but it ends there. Actually i think i got the 2 confused when i made this post. But anyway id like to add a few texture packs to weak auras. Any script for that? =).

cheers.
09-03-11, 02:24 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For a texture, just type the file path in the box rather than clicking the button to browse for one.

09-03-11, 02:49 PM   #7
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
For a texture, just type the file path in the box rather than clicking the button to browse for one.
yeah but same thing, manually adding each texture when toying around with alot of textures, bleh. But i found a post i made to the author a while back that i forgot about and he is considering to have textures come from sharedmedialib. So ill just wait for that and add one by one in the meantime

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » kgpanels mass import script