05-06-14, 09:24 PM   #1
Kadafu
A Murloc Raider
Question Pet Battle UI Replacement (looking for)

So, I've been using Pokemon Trainer since it was released and it has some bits that I feel are almost essential to a UI for pet battling - mainly that it lists the player's pet and opponent's pet abilities, the cooldowns for those abilities, an indicator if the ability is "buffed" in a round, and the strength/weakness of the ability against the other pets in the teams.

I've seen people having issues with it, but it continues to work for me - except that it gives the wrong ability icon on some pets.

Looking ahead, I'm concerned that it will become outdated and completely non-functional. The author has stated on another site that he will be making no updates.

I have no interest in Wowkemon, it doesn't have the things above I'm looking for. Other addons I've found are generally just graphic improvements of the base UI (the TukUI/ElvUI one mainly) and it just appears that the only that gives better functionality is going away.

Any suggestions on something I have missed?
05-06-14, 11:17 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PetTracker, despite its name, does much more than simply track pets on the map. In battles, it shows the enemy pets' abilities and their cooldowns, as well as strong/weak indicators. I'm not really sure what you mean by "if the ability is already "buffed" in a round" though.
05-07-14, 07:18 AM   #3
Kadafu
A Murloc Raider
I use PetTracker too, wouldn't want to be without it

By buffed in a round I mean it indicates (outlines in sparklies is all I can describe it as) a move that is enhanced in a turn - for instance, some water abilities while it's raining, or some dragonkin abilities when they've just gotten an opponent below 50%, etc.

I think the main thing for me is that it has strong/weak indicators for all of the pets in the battle laid out and visible from the start of the battle. Very handy when planning - and it gives a very visual "map" of the fight. It's also good for making you aware that any particular pet is strong against another pet (because of type) it's actually weak because you've got it using a different type's abilities. (e.g. you have a beast pet, but have selected all critter abilities) Hard to explain without showing a screenshot, I'll do that after work.
07-21-14, 09:04 PM   #4
Kadafu
A Murloc Raider
Sorry it took me so long to reply. Notice in the screenshot I can see all 6 pets, mine are on the left, opponents are on the right. My Darkmoon Eye's ability icons are highlighted because they're currently strong against my opponent. The grid is the big thing though, all the red & green arrows laid out in one view like that helps me tremendously. The problem, as I say in earlier posts is the icons for opponent's pets abilities aren't always correct anymore. The cool-downs and everything are right, just the wrong icons.

Last edited by Kadafu : 07-21-14 at 09:18 PM. Reason: image trouble
09-13-14, 05:21 PM   #5
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can't read out player ememys ability untill they used it.

I switched from Pokemon Trainer to Derangement Pet Battle Cooldowns. It dosen't diaply as much info but if you have pet batteld for a while you already know this infos. I love it an no bugs with icons so far it always displays both icons until the enemy used the ability.
Woud be cool if he adds an option to show the weak and strength of all yours and the enemy pets abilitys like in Pokemon Trainer without having the big windows. Maybe 3 little numbers at each ability icons in red/green.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 09-13-14 at 05:29 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Pet Battle UI Replacement (looking for)