02-21-07, 09:11 AM   #1
Grisjenko
A Murloc Raider

EEPanels isn't working! >_<

Hey there...
I have a problem with EEPanels...
Been downloading it from multiple sites, tried disabling all other addons etc. etc.

But EEPanels doesn't seem to remember my settings.... I can create the nicest interfaces... but whenever I logg out, It resets everything and I have to start over from scratch! >_<

Anybody knows what I can do about this?

ThanX for your time,

~Boris~
02-23-07, 06:38 AM   #2
Slayeer
A Fallenroot Satyr

i have the same problem, i don't know what it is. i think it is auctioneer or monkeyquest that causes this behavior.
02-23-07, 07:03 AM   #3
PurpleWedgie
An Aku'mai Servant
Have you tried setting a specific profile instead of altering the default? I'm using eepanels with MonkeyQuest without problems, and I've used it with Auctioneer as well without issues. That said, I generally setup a specific profile then start tweaking...
02-23-07, 08:03 AM   #4
Slayeer
A Fallenroot Satyr

how do you mean 'specific profile'? i've tried to make on on my character profile, but when i restarted wow, it was gone... and i get this error:
Error: attempt to call method 'SetAllPoints' (a nil value)
File: Interface\AddOns\eePanels\core.lua
Line: 877
Count: 1

really weird...
02-23-07, 08:36 AM   #5
makoda
A Defias Bandit
I seem to recall reading (though I can't find the source now) that if you use eePanels and unlock/drag the panels with the mouse, they have a tendency to disappear after your log out. You need to set their positions by entering the locations into the appropriate spaces in the menu.

What I have done is used the mouse to drag them where I want, then gone in and "typed" in the same numbers into the location field in the menu. It seems to have worked.

In any event, I know that's supposed to make the panels disappear. The easy fix is like I said, just type in the positions rather then drag and lock.
02-23-07, 08:46 AM   #6
Slayeer
A Fallenroot Satyr

thanks for the info, but just read it on WoW forums. i am really happy to know how to fix it, i was already looking for a sollution for over 2 hours.
02-23-07, 10:04 AM   #7
PurpleWedgie
An Aku'mai Servant
Specific profile meaning assign the current profile to the character you're working on. What is strange is I can drag the windows all over the place without manually entering values and have no problems, so unforunately I can't reproduce your error on my system. Good luck with it, I'm glad there is a work-around of manually entering positions because the addon itself is great!
03-04-07, 12:19 PM   #8
Grisjenko
A Murloc Raider

still not working...

Is there a way to reset everything I ever done with eePanels?

If I delete the folder and download it again and put it back it still remembers my settings!

It's really frustrating it's STILL not working! >_<

One of the errors:
Interface\AddOns\eePanels\core.lua:663:
Attempt to index field 'Border' (a nil value)

The (a nil value) is in most (if not all) errors I've seen! >_<

Is there a similair addon available... cuz I want my panels... :'(

Gtrz
~Boris~
03-04-07, 01:11 PM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To totally reset eePanels (or any other AddOn), goto your SavedVariables folder (typically C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\YOUR ACCOUNT \SavedVariables, replace the YOUR ACCOUNT with your WoW account name aka the name you enter at the login screen). Then find the eePanels.lua and eePanels.lua.bak files and nuke em. This will reset your bars to default.

All AddOns save their settings in the SavedVariables folder. This is why when you nuke the AddOn and reinstall, your old settings are still seen.
03-16-07, 08:33 AM   #10
Grisjenko
A Murloc Raider

Well then...
today will be my last try... if it doesn't work after today I will totally forget about it and hate everybody for having the bars... ^_^

Grtz,
~Boris~
03-16-07, 09:17 AM   #11
Grisjenko
A Murloc Raider

After resetting the addon it finally works!
Thanx y'all for the help!

~Boris~
03-16-07, 11:06 AM   #12
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

This suggestion should still be noted. To make configuring it easier, try using Niagara to configure it. Much easier then chat commands or Menu style.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » EEPanels isn't working! >_<