10-08-08, 06:34 PM   #1
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Action Bar (opinions wanted)

I have come to rely upon a feature that a couple of action bar addons provide, mainly the one where the button shows a bright purple border when targeting a mob that already has that DOT on it, or a player that already has that buff on them.

Now there are only two that I am aware of that provide this so far.
Trinity Bars and Bongos 2.

Does anyone know of any other action bar addons that do this?

Overall i love bongos 2 for it's simplicity and bongos 3 should not even wear the same label It's not even close to bongos.. (opinion)

Trinity Bars being the most powerful but having issues with it's ClassBar I am forced to use an alternative.

What is your favorite action bar addon?
10-08-08, 06:47 PM   #2
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tweeker View Post
I have come to rely upon a feature that a couple of action bar addons provide, mainly the one where the button shows a bright purple border when targeting a mob that already has that DOT on it, or a player that already has that buff on them.

Now there are only two that I am aware of that provide this so far.
Trinity Bars and Bongos 2.

Does anyone know of any other action bar addons that do this?

Overall i love bongos 2 for it's simplicity and bongos 3 should not even wear the same label It's not even close to bongos.. (opinion)

Trinity Bars being the most powerful but having issues with it's ClassBar I am forced to use an alternative.

What is your favorite action bar addon?
Whats wrong with the class bar? You don't absolutely have to have a class bar though. You can always remake it in just a few clicks. just create a new bar. drag your class bar abilities (stealth, stances, etc) to it and ******! Trinity bars 2.0 is by far the best action bar mod out there that pretty much does well....everything.
10-08-08, 06:47 PM   #3
Fashionabull
A Cliff Giant

Dominos By Tuller (author of Bongos) also has the buff/debuff highlight feature.

As for favorite, personally I loved Bongos3. Was a great extension to 2. With Bongos now being pushed back for Dominos, I'm currently using it. It's not as fully functional, but has the same basics and is easy to configure.

I haven't tried Macaroons (Trinity authors new bar mod), but will probably try it and Bartender4 soon just to see how they match up.
10-08-08, 09:22 PM   #4
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Fashionabull View Post
Dominos By Tuller (author of Bongos) also has the buff/debuff highlight feature.

As for favorite, personally I loved Bongos3. Was a great extension to 2. With Bongos now being pushed back for Dominos, I'm currently using it. It's not as fully functional, but has the same basics and is easy to configure.

I haven't tried Macaroons (Trinity authors new bar mod), but will probably try it and Bartender4 soon just to see how they match up.

Going to give this macaroons thingy a try, am very much familiar and a big fan of Trinity, so i hope it wont mindf**k me
10-09-08, 08:07 AM   #5
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Okay I tried the macaroon thing

No menus will open, so I am flying blind..

msg me when next release is out, I'll help test it

(back to bongos 2)
10-09-08, 08:26 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Macaroon is only for WoW 3.0. Were you trying it on beta/ptr or on live? And did you try Dominos?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-09-08, 08:33 AM   #7
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thanks, and yeah I tried dominoes.

I'll try dominoes again, perhaps whatever it was that i originally disliked about it has been changed.

Just love these addons though..

sorry for any negativity, it hides my respect for addon authors.

*salutes all the addon authors*

---Okay I remember now what it was about dominoes.

no styles
cant unsticky bars
no option to right click self cast

Last edited by Tweeker : 10-09-08 at 09:03 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Action Bar (opinions wanted)