10-28-08, 01:35 PM   #281
marconee
A Kobold Labourer
Mind control

hello, i have a little problem..... How could i create a bar for the mind controlled ones? I tried without success..... Thx

10-28-08, 02:51 PM   #282
oxinatah
A Defias Bandit
Issue with hot bar when turning into ghoul

Originally Posted by dutorien View Post
Hello Maul,

It's not a pet bar when I'am transform in ghauls, because I can have a ghauls pet too when I am tranform.

I make a video to see this, this morning

Duto

Hey, I'm having the same issue. I have the unholy talent as a DK that when I die I turn into a ghoul, however my first bar I selected "possess" and it still doesn't change it to my ghoul skills =( any suggestions?

10-28-08, 04:56 PM   #283
SilverWyrm
A Defias Bandit
Great mod! I'm liking the usability improvements over Trinity.

I have a couple of questions, though..

Is there any way, as in Trinity, to off-set buttons? I like to set my pet-bar up with the hexagons and then tesselate them, in trinity offsetting the first button in a row would do this.

In the button options, what is the "click anchor" "mouseover anchor" etc. pane do? None of the options seem to have any effect..

10-28-08, 05:53 PM   #284
russ555
A Defias Bandit
Hi,
I will start by saying how awesome this mod is, i tried trinity but didnt like it all that much so i went back to bartender. I will not make that mistake this time.

I have only had one very minor problem so far, well not really a problem as so much as i dont know what im doing xD.

I thought that setting a bar to focus would automatically use the spells on my focus target, but in my experiance it does not. I could just be completely misunderstaning the whole thing really cos im new to focusing and macaroon.

To sum up: How do i/is it possible to make it so that all spells on a bar will auto cast on focus target?(without using macros)

Also on the main menu options i couldnt get the focus target button to work. (the one where u choose from shift,CTRL and ALT.

10-28-08, 07:37 PM   #285
DLMyst
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by oxinatah View Post
Hey, I'm having the same issue. I have the unholy talent as a DK that when I die I turn into a ghoul, however my first bar I selected "possess" and it still doesn't change it to my ghoul skills =( any suggestions?

It definitely works it's that you need to know how to set up the posses bar correctly Here's a link that can help you.
http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...=faq&faqid=351

10-28-08, 07:43 PM   #286
i208khonsu
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
First you will want to update to the most recent version 30000.27. There were some issues with the custom state editor. But here is how you would set it up -

[mod:shift, mod:ctrl, help]
[mod:shift, help]
[mod:ctrl, help]
[help]
[mod:shift, mod:ctrl, harm]
[mod:shift, harm]
[mod:ctrl, harm]
[harm]

The thing about states you have to remember is that order is important on checking for conditions. If you had [help] at the top, it would be the first condition to check as true while targeting a friendly target and the macro check would stop there. So you have to place your "complex" checks at the top of the list, and the simpler ones after. Not sure if that made sense :P
Many Thanks! I haven't had time to fully configure everything to what I had in InfiniBar but it seams to be doing the trick.

With out Macaroon I would probably just hang up WoW. Thanks!...............I think.....? :P

10-28-08, 08:08 PM   #287
oxinatah
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by DLMyst View Post
It definitely works it's that you need to know how to set up the posses bar correctly Here's a link that can help you.
http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...=faq&faqid=351
Thanks a bunch! I think that worked, now I have a quick question. I'm trying to make 3 different buttons into my Presences and I would like it to show them being toggled (I.E. like stances from a warrior. Have a perma yellow glow around the active one or something) Anyone know how to do that?

10-29-08, 08:32 AM   #288
AliasWit
A Murloc Raider
Hi!

I want to say, Trinity (and now Macaroon) were absolute life-savers to me after going through the hell that was Flex-bars. Simple, straight-forward, easy to understand. It's the best thing in the world for my G-15 keyboard. AND I'm not even scratching the surface of it. I only use it for action buttons, or macros spoofing actions. (BTW, if all I do ever put in the buttons *is* a direct drag from the spellbook action, would I have been better off changing the buttons to "action" rather than leaving them as "macro?" I don't want to do the whole thing over again, though)

Anyway, I was setting up my layout for my level 70 Hunter, and set up a PET BAR. The "NO PET" state had 3 buttons, call, raise, and tame. I set the "With Pet" state to 11 buttons (not knowing how many I might need). When I called my pet, it self-populated. I didn't like the position of the PET:ID buttons, so I decided to drag Pet Power (RAKE) from one position (I think it was like 4 or 5) to where the "PASSIVE" button was (in position 10).

Bam! The PASSIVE button disappeared. Completely. Not only that, I opened up my pet spellbook and NONE of the states are there, either. No Defensive or aggressive. I have since deleted all my MACAROON LUAs, removed Macaroon entirely from my AddOn folder, and started WoW back up. My WOW DEFAULT Pet bar has the changed configuration from where I changed it via MACAROON, and *no* PASSIVE state button. I reinstalled the newest version of Macaroon and I'm stuck.

1. HOW can I get my PASSIVE state button back?
or
2. What is the casting code to create a MACRO to replace it? You know, like /cast Petstate(Passive) or whatever it might be? I mean I can live with that work-around.
OK, figured this one out. It's "/petpassive". So I can make a macro to do the passive state.

But I cannot live without "PASSIVE."

Anyway, long post, small problem. I still need to reiterate just how amazing MACAROON is. I wouldn't even think about playing without it.

Thanks, man.

Last edited by AliasWit : 10-29-08 at 12:49 PM.

10-29-08, 01:02 PM   #289
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks a bunch! I think that worked, now I have a quick question. I'm trying to make 3 different buttons into my Presences and I would like it to show them being toggled (I.E. like stances from a warrior. Have a perma yellow glow around the active one or something) Anyone know how to do that?
Macaroon is supposed to do that, but it looks like some recent changes prevented it from happening. The next update will have this fixed

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-29-08, 01:06 PM   #290
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by AliasWit View Post
Hi!

I want to say, Trinity (and now Macaroon) were absolute life-savers to me after going through the hell that was Flex-bars. Simple, straight-forward, easy to understand. It's the best thing in the world for my G-15 keyboard. AND I'm not even scratching the surface of it. I only use it for action buttons, or macros spoofing actions. (BTW, if all I do ever put in the buttons *is* a direct drag from the spellbook action, would I have been better off changing the buttons to "action" rather than leaving them as "macro?" I don't want to do the whole thing over again, though)
Which ever works best for you I have tried to make the macro buttons seem like action buttons so one would never have to edit them if they did not need to.

Anyway, I was setting up my layout for my level 70 Hunter, and set up a PET BAR. The "NO PET" state had 3 buttons, call, raise, and tame. I set the "With Pet" state to 11 buttons (not knowing how many I might need). When I called my pet, it self-populated. I didn't like the position of the PET:ID buttons, so I decided to drag Pet Power (RAKE) from one position (I think it was like 4 or 5) to where the "PASSIVE" button was (in position 10).

Bam! The PASSIVE button disappeared. Completely. Not only that, I opened up my pet spellbook and NONE of the states are there, either. No Defensive or aggressive. I have since deleted all my MACAROON LUAs, removed Macaroon entirely from my AddOn folder, and started WoW back up. My WOW DEFAULT Pet bar has the changed configuration from where I changed it via MACAROON, and *no* PASSIVE state button. I reinstalled the newest version of Macaroon and I'm stuck.

1. HOW can I get my PASSIVE state button back?
or
2. What is the casting code to create a MACRO to replace it? You know, like /cast Petstate(Passive) or whatever it might be? I mean I can live with that work-around.
OK, figured this one out. It's "/petpassive". So I can make a macro to do the passive state.

But I cannot live without "PASSIVE."

Anyway, long post, small problem. I still need to reiterate just how amazing MACAROON is. I wouldn't even think about playing without it.

Thanks, man.
This seems to be a new issue that has cropped up. Blizzard is supposed to be re-working the pet bar and ID's to account for all the new pet abilities.
The only thing I can think of to perhaps help you get your actual passive button back is to open a GM ticket. Make sure you have Macaroon disabled when you talk to them.

And after reading reports of this happening, I tried as hard as I could to make one disappear, but could not. The non-pet spell abilities always popped back up on an empty action ID. There must be something that is happening that I have not been able to replicate yet.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-29-08, 01:07 PM   #291
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
Hi,
I will start by saying how awesome this mod is, i tried trinity but didnt like it all that much so i went back to bartender. I will not make that mistake this time.

I have only had one very minor problem so far, well not really a problem as so much as i dont know what im doing xD.

I thought that setting a bar to focus would automatically use the spells on my focus target, but in my experiance it does not. I could just be completely misunderstaning the whole thing really cos im new to focusing and macaroon.

To sum up: How do i/is it possible to make it so that all spells on a bar will auto cast on focus target?(without using macros)

Also on the main menu options i couldnt get the focus target button to work. (the one where u choose from shift,CTRL and ALT.
You probably have an older version. Make the bar target "focus" and re-drag the spells from the spell book. It should work after that.

10-29-08, 01:08 PM   #292
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by SilverWyrm View Post
Great mod! I'm liking the usability improvements over Trinity.

I have a couple of questions, though..

Is there any way, as in Trinity, to off-set buttons? I like to set my pet-bar up with the hexagons and then tesselate them, in trinity offsetting the first button in a row would do this.

In the button options, what is the "click anchor" "mouseover anchor" etc. pane do? None of the options seem to have any effect..
Not yet, still in the works

10-29-08, 01:08 PM   #293
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

I will look into it.

10-29-08, 01:08 PM   #294
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by marconee View Post
hello, i have a little problem..... How could i create a bar for the mind controlled ones? I tried without success..... Thx
The FAQ knows all!

10-30-08, 08:16 AM   #295
russ555
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
You probably have an older version. Make the bar target "focus" and re-drag the spells from the spell book. It should work after that.
that worked thanks

10-30-08, 07:02 PM   #296
JuGGaLoLoVe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Maul I have a question about wotlk.
I apologize if this was covered somewhere and I missed it.

I was a big time user of trinity since it was an alpha on the burning crusade beta, so when I read about Macaroon I was stoaked as hell.
Anywho...

I'm wondering how Macaroon will be effected by the Vehicles control bars.
Also I noticed in some DK video's that some quests have you take control of various things and replaces your button bar with new abilities, much like the ghouls invasion did when u were turned into a ghoul. I was wondering around as a ghoul for days before I realized that there were suppost to be buttons to control the ghoul but my main bar never changed.

Just wondering if either of those things are going to be an issue in wotlk

Thanks for all your hard work bro.

10-31-08, 04:14 AM   #297
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by JuGGaLoLoVe View Post
Maul I have a question about wotlk.
I apologize if this was covered somewhere and I missed it.

I was a big time user of trinity since it was an alpha on the burning crusade beta, so when I read about Macaroon I was stoaked as hell.
Anywho...

I'm wondering how Macaroon will be effected by the Vehicles control bars.
Also I noticed in some DK video's that some quests have you take control of various things and replaces your button bar with new abilities, much like the ghouls invasion did when u were turned into a ghoul. I was wondering around as a ghoul for days before I realized that there were suppost to be buttons to control the ghoul but my main bar never changed.

Just wondering if either of those things are going to be an issue in wotlk

Thanks for all your hard work bro.
posssess state - for vehicles, mind control and all that

10-31-08, 05:19 AM   #298
sohvan
A Murloc Raider
I just downloaded the latest version, and the §-key problem has been fixed. Thanks for all your work on the addon

10-31-08, 12:46 PM   #299
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm having trouble figuring out how this functionality would be useful:

-So with that said, I am going to use an example of an actual setup a user requested to be done. We are going to create a combat/retreat bar, each state having its *own* alt bar. Combat being defined as "show only when in combat" and retreat as "show only when not in combat".

1) Create 3 bars. Bar 1 will be a driver bar, 2 and 3 will be workhorse bars.
2) On the driver bar, enable "Combat". At this point, do not add buttons to any state.
3) On both workhorse bars, enable "Alt".
4) Bar 2, a workhorse bar, will be our "Combat" bar. Add combat buttons to the "Normal" state and alt buttons to the "Alt" state.
5) Now, still on Bar 2, using the bar config panel, display the text edit options. You will see a "Linked To:" dropdown and a "State:" dropdown. On the "Linked To:" dropdown, select Bar 1. On the "State:" dropdown, select "Battle".
6) Switch to Bar 3. This bar will become our "Retreat" bar. Add retreat buttons to the "Normal" state and alt buttons to the "Alt" state
5) Now, on Bar 3, using the bar config panel, display the text edit options. You will see a "Linked To:" dropdown and a "State:" dropdown. On the "Linked To:" dropdown, select Bar 1. On the "State:" dropdown, select "Normal".
7) Enjoy your new setup!
Why not just create 2 bars (or one for that matter, but I assume for this example the person wanted 2 separate bars) with the following custom states:

Bar 1:
[mod:alt, combat]
[combat]

Bar 2:
[mod:alt, nocombat]
[nocombat]

how is this any different from the "linking" method described above? does this linking add any functionality at all or is it intended to be a way for people to get the same functionality from macaroon without having to know anything about macros? I want to get the most out of this mod but I just cant think of a way to use the linking feature to do anything custom states cant already handle. Am I being thick here?

10-31-08, 01:19 PM   #300
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Feldoth View Post
I'm having trouble figuring out how this functionality would be useful:

Why not just create 2 bars (or one for that matter, but I assume for this example the person wanted 2 separate bars) with the following custom states:

Bar 1:
[mod:alt, combat]
[combat]

Bar 2:
[mod:alt, nocombat]
[nocombat]

how is this any different from the "linking" method described above? does this linking add any functionality at all or is it intended to be a way for people to get the same functionality from macaroon without having to know anything about macros? I want to get the most out of this mod but I just cant think of a way to use the linking feature to do anything custom states cant already handle. Am I being thick here?
It is intended for flexibility. Indeed one could create a normal bar with 12 buttons and write some complex macros to handle all the druid forms without ever having to add actual new button objects to a new state and use the "Stance" option. So it is pure flexibility and for ease of use for those who are not comfortable with macro making.

One use could be having different bar setups for different specs or situations, like maybe pve/pvp. If you are a warrior, you could make a paged bar as a driver bar, and each page could have a unique stance bar attached to it. So you could have your fury bar, your tank bar, an arms bar, a pve 10 man bar, a pve 25 man bar and a pvp bar. Each one with a unique setup for each stance based on the situation. And the bars, once set up, only need to have abilities dragged-n-dropped. Now there is no [spec] condition or [pvp] condition, but you can fake it with bar paging with the setup I mentioned.

I see all kinds of setups when people email their saved vars to trouble shoot a problem, some setups I myself never knew Macaroon (and formally Trinity) could do

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!