12-17-08, 05:58 PM   #21
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't test it atm, but according to the screens, I hate where the castbar is at now :P

It's extremely small, and hidden in a corner where you don't watch often unless you're a clicker. For caster classes, the castbar is a vital thing to optimize your performance, so I heavilly recommend moving that somewhere more visible.

Also have a look at this addon, it gives you a few extra bars (especially the swingtimer is needed)
12-18-08, 01:42 AM   #22
Diablo
A Murloc Raider
maybe i'm slow..but anyway i can move the frame that you have on the left bars to the right and vice versa? this custom layout you're forcing is different than what I use.

Other than that I enjoy it
12-18-08, 06:50 AM   #23
Córiban
A Murloc Raider
I really like this Interface.
But, it would be great if the Bars could be moved, or switched in Locations.
The Upper Right Bar is a Switchbar at the Moment, and it would be great if this could be switched. I´m used to have the Switchbar on the Left Side, also the Castbar.
An it would be great if there would be additional Sidebars. =)

Unitframes, Buffframes, and that´s it. Right now I´m forced to add PitBull an Satrinas, but they don´t fit really good. So, keep up the good work.
12-18-08, 06:50 AM   #24
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
I can't test it atm, but according to the screens, I hate where the castbar is at now :P

It's extremely small, and hidden in a corner where you don't watch often unless you're a clicker. For caster classes, the castbar is a vital thing to optimize your performance, so I heavilly recommend moving that somewhere more visible.

Also have a look at this addon, it gives you a few extra bars (especially the swingtimer is needed)

Not through any in-game options no.... but you can through the XML by changing 2 words.

Inside the KranixUI folder there is a file called "KranixUI.xml" open that in word pad or notepad. After you open it you will see a bunch of .xml code, you will see a bunch of lines that start with "<Frame name="TheFrame">" look for the 2 that say ABGraphic and ABGraphic2. On those 2 you will see a line of code that looks something like this:

<Anchor point="BOTTOMRIGHT"> or <Anchor point="BOTTOMLEFT">

ABGraphic is the BOTTOMRIGHT
ABGraphic2 is the BOTTOMLEFT

Just switch

ABGraphic to look like this <Anchor point="BOTTOMLEFT"> and change the
ABGraphic2 to look like this <Anchor point="BOTTOMRIGHT">.

That will switch the side the graphics are on and everything that is anchored to them as well.
12-18-08, 09:02 AM   #25
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post

Originally Posted by Córiban View Post
I really like this Interface.
But, it would be great if the Bars could be moved, or switched in Locations.
The Upper Right Bar is a Switchbar at the Moment, and it would be great if this could be switched. I´m used to have the Switchbar on the Left Side, also the Castbar.
An it would be great if there would be additional Sidebars. =)

Unitframes, Buffframes, and that´s it. Right now I´m forced to add PitBull an Satrinas, but they don´t fit really good. So, keep up the good work.
yeah working on the Unit Frames... "Taking me a bit cause already have the graphic for them made to match the rest of the UI... just need to set it all up... the buffs will be simple to do and all in all Unit Frames and Buffs should be in the next update .

I just changed to one bag as that is easier to configure and can lock the location it open and such. Also changed to Quarts and put the "Player Castbar" just above the Minimap graphic with the top edge matching the height of the prat chat window.

The "Target Castbar" is in between the 2 rows of buttons on the Bottomright Graphic as that will ensure DPS classes see it since most people will be constantly glancing at there buttons. (Where the old player cast bar was). Plus a healer isn't gonna need to pay attention to what there target is casting just what they are casting so i think that works nicely for the most part.
12-18-08, 03:40 PM   #26
Córiban
A Murloc Raider
So Target CastBar will be where the Player CastBar is right Now? Sounds Nice.
Would be great to have the Player CastBar on the Left Side then, i love things symetric! (I´ts horrible, theres nothing I could do against.)

Also, the Switchbar on the Left Side, but as you said, Users could manage that by modifying the xml. I´ll try this.

*Edit*

Works. CastBar and Switchbar are on the Left Side Now. But: Chatinput is on the Right Side, far away from the ChatWindow.
Would be great if you could make it possible to set all Bars up in Game. =)

Last edited by Córiban : 12-18-08 at 05:06 PM.
12-18-08, 10:02 PM   #27
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
12-18-08 Updated

Moved into Beta..... Full setup is now ready... Raid/Solo/5-Man Ready.
12-18-08, 10:19 PM   #28
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Rabbit007 View Post
12-18-08 Updated

Moved into Beta..... Full setup is now ready... Raid/Solo/5-Man Ready.
So what was the red bull cost for the past week? :P

I'll try it in about 5 hours lol, first I'll get an hour sleep, then make an exam at which I'll fail, and then I'll have 2 weeks to test xD
12-18-08, 11:41 PM   #29
Diablo
A Murloc Raider
Looks good, few things already mentioned (chat bar way the **** out in right field so to speak), and my unitframe is near the minimap and I can't move it to the top left like I like it? more editing in xml?

Suggestion: Honestly, incorporate something like moveanything so folks can rearrange where stuff is based on their preferences.

Other than that though I really really like it.
12-19-08, 06:56 AM   #30
Córiban
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
Looks good, few things already mentioned (chat bar way the **** out in right field so to speak), and my unitframe is near the minimap and I can't move it to the top left like I like it? more editing in xml?

Suggestion: Honestly, incorporate something like moveanything so folks can rearrange where stuff is based on their preferences.

Other than that though I really really like it.
^-- This.

But, great work again.
12-19-08, 07:25 AM   #31
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Hmmm.... from what I see of what i have done with the UI... well... i don't like it either.... went from minimal to BAM!! Gonna be a good while before the next update... gonna overhaul the UI. Gonna do the code myself as well for the most part as alot of the features i want in the UI just can't be done the way I did things (using other AddOns and coding them a bit).

Gonna code it myself so may take a LONG while for the next version since i am overhauling it.

Feel free to use the Artwork however you wish by the way .
12-19-08, 08:05 AM   #32
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Actually... i take the above back... didn't get any time last night to really test it and have been playing with it this morning.. gonna keep going on it hehe . I like it... thats what mainly counts and just putting it up here for others to use .

So if you use it cool . If you find it's not for you thats cool too... appreciate the testing you have done on it... and will keep going... who knows... maybe i will get a hair and decide to overhaul it again... keep on eye on it as i will probably update it often hehe .

12-19-08, 08:48 AM   #33
Diablo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rabbit007 View Post
Actually... i take the above back... didn't get any time last night to really test it and have been playing with it this morning.. gonna keep going on it hehe . I like it... thats what mainly counts and just putting it up here for others to use .

So if you use it cool . If you find it's not for you thats cool too... appreciate the testing you have done on it... and will keep going... who knows... maybe i will get a hair and decide to overhaul it again... keep on eye on it as i will probably update it often hehe .

seriously..great work I love the overall ui, don't take my comments are negative as they're not meant to be. I'm an addon/UI addict been tinkering with them since cosmos and test realm 17 in wow beta before release.

So only offer my thoughts to help ya out, if you use em awesome, if you don't, **** man you're the coder not me

great job though, really like the minimalistic artwork and tons of viewable area.
12-19-08, 11:02 AM   #34
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I agree, all I do is give suggestions, which is why I tested it in the first place

In the end, you're the only person that decides what you do with those suggestions, you're the only person that has to like what you have done
12-19-08, 12:37 PM   #35
Diablo
A Murloc Raider
another question while at it, anyway to move the tooltip? or resize it?
12-19-08, 01:53 PM   #36
Mixmaster
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Chat Window

Downloaded and installed the latest version. The chat window was moved top center, too high to grab it and unlock it. Also the type window is between the bottom right action bars now.

Also UI is not compatible with Carbonite. Do you plan on adding raid mods like Omen, recount ect?
12-19-08, 02:44 PM   #37
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
Downloaded and installed the latest version. The chat window was moved top center, too high to grab it and unlock it. Also the type window is between the bottom right action bars now.

Also UI is not compatible with Carbonite. Do you plan on adding raid mods like Omen, recount ect?
I personally think UI compilations should never include raid and class specific mods, unless they're actually meant as a raid or class UI. Otherwise, you should add those yourself to suit your needs. Not everyone raids
12-19-08, 03:00 PM   #38
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post

UI Updated 12-19-08

In the new update the UI has been changed... the chat window has been moved to a better postion then where it was before.

Omen, Recount people will have to get themselves as they are updated frquently and that is just a pain to update the UI everytime something like that is updated where it is important that you have the latest version.

Anchor is set in stone... only way to modify it is to go into the KranixUI folder then AddOns folder and into the TipTac folder and change it's position in the lua.

Have at it all lemme know what you think
12-19-08, 03:18 PM   #39
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Update is awesome.
12-19-08, 04:18 PM   #40
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I must say, it's coming along very nice. I know you want 100% your own code; you'll get there soon at this rate. Good job.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » KranixUI *OFFICIAL THREAD*