09-04-09, 11:14 AM   #1
nailertn
An Aku'mai Servant
Comment Search

Is there a search tool for file comments similar to forums? Can't find anything like it and trudging through 60+ pages of the more popular addons is somewhat dumb.
09-24-09, 03:41 PM   #2
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
I've been searching for a while now for this feature as well If it already exists, it's hidden pretty well.

I think this is why many authors are posting the addon here but telling people to go elsewhere to post bugs...

Nothing more frustrating then having an author or a dozen people say "This has already been answered! Search for it", when there is no search feature for the comments Many addons I use have upwards of 50+ pages.
09-24-09, 04:19 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Search for comments is being worked on. Hope to have something soon.

Originally Posted by Meraxes View Post
I've been searching for a while now for this feature as well If it already exists, it's hidden pretty well.

I think this is why many authors are posting the addon here but telling people to go elsewhere to post bugs...

Nothing more frustrating then having an author or a dozen people say "This has already been answered! Search for it", when there is no search feature for the comments Many addons I use have upwards of 50+ pages.

Nope, authors do that to consolidate their bug/feedback into one place, most choose wowi a few choose a difference place. This is so they don't have to check multiple places. Our competitors don't have comment search either.
12-16-09, 08:41 PM   #4
Elviswind
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Search for comments is being worked on. Hope to have something soon.
/necro [@post]

Can you define soon?
12-16-09, 08:47 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon

I mean that in both humor and for serious. We're talking a one man dev team with a RL job and other work on his plate.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Comment Search