10-15-09, 11:21 PM   #1
BWarner
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
So, if I may sum up/repeat your point...you prefer your dps warriors to move faster rather than do more damage?
Actually, to finish the first part of that statement, I prefer "my" DPS Warriors, and Rogues, and Mages to all move faster, so as to both deal more damage and to survive longer. Movement speed isn't a gimmick - it's a well-established, well-supported item enhancement. It was the enchant of choice in BC, and it's the enchant of choice in WotLK, for tanks, DPS, and healers alike (except for Paladins/Unholy DKs/Feral Kitties , who get their runspeed from other sources). Check out many top players from all of the 'top' guilds, http://armorylite.com/score/us/all/ *, and note how many are using runspeed. Filter it down to just Warriors (or any other class, for that matter), and see how many tend towards runspeed. It's damage, survivability, and utility packed into one neat little package.

Granted, there are certain fights that it may give limited to no benefit, in which case the "pure DPS" (or effective health, or throughput/regen/burst) boot enchants will beat out runspeed. But, if you had to choose one to stick with as your default enchant, I would highly recommend that one be runspeed.

You keep bringing up a situation where it may be detrimental to have runspeed, due to a DPS potentially reaching a target before the tank. The DPS should never pull a boss before the tank, so where else would you see this situation come up? The only situation I can create in my mind is a DPS standing too close to a Wyrm on Northrend Beasts and aggroing before the boss, but then, that has nothing to do with runspeed, and everything to do with poor play.

*disclaimer: I don't recommend evaluating a player based on the item levels of their gear, but it does serve to filter to some of the more progressed, mechanics-savvy players the WoW community has to offer.

The Warrior Formerly Known As Aerowyn.

http://AeroWow.com/

Last edited by BWarner : 10-15-09 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Added the final paragraph.
10-16-09, 12:58 AM   #2
Republic
Paladin

For this reason...

Originally Posted by BWarner View Post
Granted, there are certain fights that it may give limited to no benefit, in which case the "pure DPS" (or effective health, or throughput/regen/burst) boot enchants will beat out runspeed.
I think this is crazy...

Originally Posted by BWarner View Post
But, if you had to choose one to stick with as your default enchant, I would highly recommend that one be runspeed.
...but that's me

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » AeroWow