01-29-15, 10:48 AM   #1
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As Phanx said, the default UI does indeed do a good job. But maybe you want to see trailing ants over your map to your objective or something like suggestions on what to do first?

There are guide AddOns out there, but I won't give you their names as they charge you to download. If they would actually provide their guides for free, then maybe I would actually consider donating to them.

Other then that, isn't it fun to find out the best order of doing quests yourself?
01-29-15, 11:01 AM   #2
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Are you aware that Carbonite is being actively developed for 6.0? Your post kind of gave me the impression that you thought Carbonite was dead.

If you knew this and have decided not to use it, don't mind this post.
01-29-15, 11:59 AM   #3
sumoldguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Choonstertwo View Post
Are you aware that Carbonite is being actively developed for 6.0? Your post kind of gave me the impression that you thought Carbonite was dead.

If you knew this and have decided not to use it, don't mind this post.
I love carbonite, but the carbonite quests portion is bungled up and throwing massive erros
01-29-15, 02:50 PM   #4
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by ravagernl View Post
Other then that, isn't it fun to find out the best order of doing quests yourself?
Not really. After going through hem once or twice, you just want to get them done efficiently to save time.

Marth

01-29-15, 07:31 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Not really. After going through hem once or twice, you just want to get them done efficiently to save time.
I agree, but I don't think you need an addon for that. The default UI show you exactly where to go, and TomTom gives you a giant arrow pointing to the nearest objective, and once you've done the quests a few times you should be able to remember if, say, you should do the quests in Area B before Area A, even though Area A is a little closer, because the Area B quests give you another quest for Area A.

However, there's really not much of that going on anymore -- Blizzard has done a pretty good job of making questing very linear, so you only have to go into a particular area once, instead of doing some quests there, going to another area, and then later being sent back to the first area.
01-29-15, 07:39 PM   #6
sumoldguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i got carbonite working (mostly) by only using the maps and the quests portions, the bugs are now tolerable, less frequent and don't crash my game.

Although tomtom doesn't work with it.. but would not need both.

You all been very helpful, thanks.
01-29-15, 09:44 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm at the point where I'm only using Carbonite when I group with my sweetie (he likes seeing if we're on the same quests), and even then I only use the tracker. Otherwise I use the built in quest tracker along with TomTom.

Honestly, Carbonite isn't necessary anymore for me.
01-29-15, 10:02 PM   #8
sumoldguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yeah, i'm trying to ween myself off of it too
01-29-15, 10:50 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I'm at the point where I'm only using Carbonite when I group with my sweetie (he likes seeing if we're on the same quests), and even then I only use the tracker.
Quecho may be of use here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » >> Carbonite << (or ??)