03-27-08, 05:30 PM   #1
Casmiar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Tooltips problem

Is anyone having a problem with tooltips being on the bottom right and not locked on the left hand side of the screen. When ever i mouse over anything the tooltip is in the way of autobar. Can anyone give me a little help on this.

Thanks
Cas

Last edited by Casmiar : 03-27-08 at 05:46 PM.
03-27-08, 06:06 PM   #2
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Casmiar View Post
Is anyone having a problem with tooltips being on the bottom right and not locked on the left hand side of the screen. When ever i mouse over anything the tooltip is in the way of autobar. Can anyone give me a little help on this.

Thanks
Cas
yeh - as i wrote in another thread..

Go to thrae's site and got the lates version of tooltip

Go into your addons folder and DELETE tooltip folders there.

extract the zip file containing the new tooltip into your adons folder

copy the .svn folder from within autobar folder to the three new tinytip folders(will prevent update from wow ace updater)

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5096

and next time - please do a search before posting ?

/smirge
03-27-08, 07:07 PM   #3
Casmiar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks for the help sorry i missed your posted fix

Cas
03-28-08, 10:54 PM   #4
treebeard72
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post
yeh - as i wrote in another thread..

Go to thrae's site and got the lates version of tooltip

Go into your addons folder and DELETE tooltip folders there.

extract the zip file containing the new tooltip into your adons folder

copy the .svn folder from within autobar folder to the three new tinytip folders(will prevent update from wow ace updater)

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5096

and next time - please do a search before posting ?

/smirge
I also have this issue and was interested in your response but following these instructions will lead you to install the Tinytip version from January 2007. The comments section below seems to have the last comment about Tinytip and its status

http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments

It seems that the easiest place to update Tinytip is through WAU.
03-29-08, 03:02 AM   #5
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
yes it is easier but that WILL break tinytip options so you cannot move the anchor.

With my solution you can write /ttip and move the anchor...

/smirge
03-29-08, 03:05 AM   #6
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
and as far as i can read in that thread it is still unsafe to update through WAU so im sticking with my original post...

/smirge
03-29-08, 04:08 AM   #7
wildespace
A Murloc Raider
Is it not possible to just open Tinytip options and set the anchor to wherever you want? That's exactly what I did after getting the tooltip where it's not supposed to be.
03-29-08, 07:50 AM   #8
treebeard72
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by wildespace View Post
Is it not possible to just open Tinytip options and set the anchor to wherever you want? That's exactly what I did after getting the tooltip where it's not supposed to be.
I started using Mazzle to avoid ever having to go into the options menu of an add-on. I will give this a shot but I do have one question. Would this have been (most likely) a code change in TTip that cauesd the tool tips to move to the lower left hand corner?
03-29-08, 10:10 AM   #9
wildespace
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by treebeard72 View Post
I started using Mazzle to avoid ever having to go into the options menu of an add-on. I will give this a shot but I do have one question. Would this have been (most likely) a code change in TTip that cauesd the tool tips to move to the lower left hand corner?
Taking a guess here, but I think it's down to the failure of Mazzle to "tell" Tinytip where to be.

You shouldn't ignore the options, add-ons are there to suit you, not the other way round.
03-29-08, 06:35 PM   #10
Sitey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post
I can't find this .svn folder.
03-29-08, 07:30 PM   #11
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
It's a hidden folder. You have to have Windows set to display hidden folders.
03-30-08, 04:49 PM   #12
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The prob with the TinyTip that is on WAU is that the person who is putting it up there is modifying it. They completely eliminated the options ability from the addon. So if you update it using wau you get their version with no way to set the options in it and it is defaulted to bottom right. They say they are going to put options back in it again in the future sometime but that was about 2months back and you still cant change any options.

The only way to fix this in the wau version and change the options in it is to go in and manualy edit the code. Rediculously stupid. Use the older version and you wolnt have any problems, the old version works just fine as is. If it aint broke dont fix it........

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Tooltips problem